XXVII.

The week went on quietly. I stayed in bed, or within the confines of the hallway outside of Luca's apartment for small walks. He returned, and even more exciting was that he brought Sebastian back to keep me company. .As each day passed and my wounds became less critical he would leave for short periods to handle things as usual. Baz didn't quite seem to understand that I couldn't play with him like normal. He kept bringing his toy over and staring at me. His face was just too irresistible. He was such a good boy.

"Soon buddy." I told him, patting his head.

He snorted and bit down on the toy to make it squeak. I had caught Luca playing with him the other night, and it was quite adorable. The two of them were roughhousing, which woke me up because they're both giants. Baz was charging around the room with his tail wagging excitedly while Luca was trying to pull the toy out of his mouth. Now, Baz was clambering onto the end of the couch by my feet. I had moved to the couch so I could watch TV. It was something that I never really got to do much of before. Luca had a giant TV. I almost couldn't believe that he got it in here. I was flipping through the channels and finally settled on show about animals in the wild. It was calming and I didn't have to think about it. Sometime later Luca returned. At first his expression was tough and stern but it softened when his eyes landed on me and Sebastian laying on the couch.

"What are you watching?" He asked quietly, taking his jacket off and placing it on the table.

"Just a show about wild animals." I shrugged, "Are you all done for the day?"

"I am." He nodded, "You look comfortable."

"I am. Your couch is nice." I commented, "I can sleep out here tonight."

Luca had been letting me sleep in his giant king sized bed all by myself. He had been sleeping on the couch.My legs were short and fit on the couch easily. It was a different story for Luca's much longer ones. The couch was much too small for someone his size. It made me feel guilty just thinking about it. 

"I don't care about sleeping on the couch, Kitten." He waved me off, "I just want you to feel better."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, but he was being completely serious. He had been in a pleasant mood all week since the cookout. To no surprise, we were getting along much better. We hadn't argued about a single thing. It was definitely taking some getting used to, but it was a happy change. I should have gotten shot a long time ago if I knew it would make him be nice to me all the time.

"I feel bad." I admitted.

"About what?"

"You can't even sleep in your own bed." I mumbled, "You're too big for the couch."

"That's not nice." He teased.

"I didn't mean it like that." I huffed, "I'm just saying, the couch is more than big enough for me, and I think it's comfortable. I can sleep out here."

"I don't want you to sleep on the couch." He said firmly.

I frowned and gave up. I didn't want to argue with him about something that was so stupid. If he didn't want me to sleep on the couch then I shouldn't complain. I should be happy I have a bed to sleep in. I got up and wandered over to the island. I decided I wanted to make some tea, I had wanted to all day. The only problem was that Luca kept the tea bags Tyson brought me on the highest shelf. I think it was a strategic move. He knew that I enjoyed drinking tea and if I wanted to get it I would have to ask him to help me. I couldn't climb onto the counter yet. It hurt my chest too much.

"Can you get me a teabag?" I asked, peering at him over my shoulder.

He was already watching me with amusement dancing in his eyes. He was enjoying this a lot.