V.

Then he left me in there by myself. I took a moment to look around before I did anything stupid. It appeared to me that I was in some sort of makeshift hospital room. To be fair, the equipment looked pretty legit. There was an IV in my right arm, but it was the only wire attached to me. I pulled the sheets back and saw a black walking boot on one of my legs. Groaning at the annoyance the walking boot would be while I was trying to escape.

There was a window. I wandered over and realized that I wasn't too far from my apartment. It was weird to think we had been living so close to Luca and his gang. There was only one Luca that I had heard about so this had to be him. I had heard the stories about how ruthless he was, how many people he killed. It wasn't surprising to me really. This area was known for all the drugs and trafficking.

I hated the feeling of being trapped here. I needed to get out badly.

I pulled at the window desperately before I realized there were locks on it. I groaned and looked back at the door, realizing anyone could walk in and see I was trying to escape. I couldn't just rush into this like I had been working before. That's how I got into this situation in the first place.

The handle of the knife was sticking out from under the bed. Luca must have dropped in when that guy came in. Too easy. I snatched it from the ground and shoved it in my pocket. Then I went back to the window. The only way I was getting out was by breaking the locks myself. But there wasn't anything to break the locks with. I growled and went back to my bed. I had to wait. But the more I sat there, the itching to leave got worse and worse. The others must have been so worried that I never came home. I removed the chair from the door and put it back. Then I climbed into bed and decided to take advantage of the warm bed while I could. So I let myself fall asleep.

When I woke up, Tyson was entering the room.

"I'm sorry for waking you." He sighed, "how did you sleep?"

"Well I think." I muttered, sitting up.

"Good." He nodded.

"How long was I out?"

"A couple hours." He replied.

I groaned and sat up, stretching out.

"I brought you some more to eat." He stated.

"Thanks." I mumbled, watching him place it in front of me.

Pasta. I couldn't remember the last time I had it to be honest with you. I picked up the fork and began to pick at it carefully.

"I have a lot of men to treat today." Tyson scratched the back of his neck, "so I can't look after you today. I'm leaving you with Nathan for the day."

"Who is that?"

"He's another one of Luca's men. He is nice enough."

I shrugged and nodded. Maybe I could escape now. I huffed and continued to eat slowly. I wasn't as hungry as I had been before, which was surprising. Once I finished, Tyson took the plate and bid me goodbye, telling me that Nathan was on his way.

I nodded and stared up at the ceiling in boredom. A couple minutes later, this man entered. Our eyes immediately met. I watched him carefully, unsure of how he was going to treat me. He looked even younger than Luca, which took me by surprise. All this time, I had been imagining that Luca and his gang were a group of old Italian men in pinstripe suits. In reality, they looked like any other 20 something year olds, except covered in tattoos and wearing exclusively black. Luca did not look much older than me at all. He was...attractive. And there was something familiar about him, but I couldn't quite remember it.