XX.

I opened my mouth to speak. As I did, multiple shots erupted at once. My entire body lurched and I felt myself being dragged down hard to the concrete floor. I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't feel anything at all besides the worst pain I had ever felt in my ribcage. I tried to suck in a breath but all I could do was cough and wheeze. 

Everything was hot. A great blob of warmth was surrounding me, suffocating me. I wanted it off. I managed to drag myself just a small bit. Upon opening my eyes, I saw the man who had been threatening Tyson raising his gun to shoot Luca. I didn't know if Luca was armed. Or where Tyson was. I didn't even know what happened to disrupt the situation in the first place. All I knew was that I needed to act. 

 I rose to my feet with all my might and grabbed the shooter's hands, pulling them down towards the concrete floor. The gun went off and the bullet fired into the floor, ricocheting loudly across the metal bars repeatedly. He threw me off of him wildly like a bull. Back to the ground I went, and I hit my head hard. I closed my eyes, feeling incredibly weak. One last gun shot rang out. After a moment of silence I felt warm, slightly sweaty hands on my face.

"Kitten." Luca begged, "Look at me. Open your eyes baby."

I let out a strangled whimper and he collected me off of the floor. I began breathing hard and coughing blood uncontrollably with the sudden jerking movements of my body. My limbs were numb and bouncing about which each step Luca stock. 

"Open your eyes." He begged me once more, "Stay awake for me."

I opened my eyes weakly and saw him glancing between me and whatever was in front of him as he ran.  Everything hurt so bad. I had never felt a pain like this. Every single part of my body was pinging and throbbing and I felt so hot and so cold at the same time. 

His worried eyes met mine and I swear I could see that he was crying. Lights from the sidewalk reflected on his cheek and the little drops sparkled. He let out a breathy, pained laugh of relief when I opened my eyes.

"Thank god." He murmured, "Thank God."

I began to cry, unable to handle the overwhelming sensations that were causing my body to throb and lurch. Luca seemed more relieved to hear me making sound. Like a newborn screeching upon its first entrance into the world, I was making sounds and able to show I was conscious at least. 

"Get in the fucking car!" Luca shouted at the others. 

Everyone was talking at once. I could hear them all chattering and barking orders at one another over my own sobs. 

"I'll drive."  Axle declared.

"I'll get in the back so I can start treating her." Tyson offered.

I felt relieved to hear Tyson's voice. He made it out.

"What about Zack?"  Wilson asked.

"He's gone."  Tyson replied flatly, "They smashed his head. It was bad."

Luca cradled my whole body in a single arm as he clambered into the car and slammed the door.

"It's okay baby." He soothed, wiping my tears, "Just keep your eyes open for me. Don't go to sleep."

"She doesn't look to good."  Wilson said grimly.

"Shut up." Luca barked.

"Lift her shirt up." Tyson coaxed Luca gently.

Luca grimaced as he peeled my shirt from my body, only causing me to start crying more.

"I know." He sighed, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."