" That's good then. "

" Okay. So my son here didn't go through the right procedure to marry your... " Tawfiq wasn't sure they were related.

" My niece. " Jafar smiled.

" Yes your niece. Karim should have seen you first. I don't know what he was thinking. I apologize on his behalf." Tawfiq apologized.

Karim had to see her Wali first before he even spoke to her but unfortunately Karim was just too stubborn.

"Oh don't worry your head about it your highness. Kids these days." Jafar laughed it off.

Tawfiq didn't realize Jafar knew he was royal. He just looked at Karim as if asking if Zaira had told everyone already that they were royal.

"Oh I'm sorry. Am I not supposed to know that you are royalty?"

"Um...it's not a problem. You are going to be family soon. But for the privacy of my family here and our children I hope it remains private. Until they decide to come to the UAE." Tawfiq explained.

"Oh don't worry then. I'm the only one who will know till then. And when do you think they will go to the UAE."

Why was he so interested on the topic.

"That's up to them." Tawfiq replied.

"Um can we talk about the nikah now?" Tawfiq was tired of unnecessary talk.

"Oh I apologize your highness."

"The wedding is in 5 days. We haven't exactly received any mahr from your side. All this is a little too rushed if you ask me. I think we should postpone..." All three people cut him off.

"No!" Karim, Jafar and Zaira all said.

Tawfiq looked at all of them carefully. Something wasn't right here. He wasn't being told something. But he'd find out himself because it didn't seem they would tell him and that included Karim.

"Are you sure?" Tawfiq turned his attention to Jafar.

"Yes I am. The quicker the better. We don't want them to elope or something right?" Jafar explained.

"My son won't elope with her." Naima said when she entered.

She sat by Tawfiq who held her hands supportively.

"I'm sure they won't but just to be safe. You must be the beautiful Sheikha Naima. A sight for sore eyes." Jafar complimented and smiled at her.

Karim scrunched his face. Where was that from?

Naima on the other hand shifted uncomfortably at the compliment. She did not like his smile. It was too creepy. By her side she could hear the clogs in Tawfiq's turning in the wrong direction. He was gnashing his teeth and you could easily tell by the protruding veins on the side of his head. Naima squeezed his hands to get him to calm down. He looked at her for a second, literally asking if he could beat him up. She gave him her 'Calm down' face. It worked but Naima could feel her hands numbing from the way he was tightly holding on to it.

"I think we should talk about the mahr now." Naima spoke this time as Tawfiq just glared at the man in front of him.

Karim hated this. He couldn't even say anything. He didn't even know if Jafar was in on it with her.

"Oh yes. I wrote some stuff down. Here." Jafar handed the paper to Karim because he was closest to him.

Karim's eyes almost fell out. Was she being sold or what?!
This was just not necessary for a mahr. It's not like they couldn't afford it but it was just very unnecessary for a marriage that would last a month. And what the hell did Zaira need 3 new phones for?!