CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5: RIFT

I straightened up from leaning next to a cubicle inside the comfort room when I saw its door slowly open. Sinalubong ko ng ngiti ang namumulang mukha ng babae sa aking harapan. She kept her head low as she clung tightly at the end of her skirt. Mabuti na lang na even though I'm a bit taller than her, we have the same size of waist.

"Okay ka lang ba?" I asked worriedly when she just remained standing there. "Don't worry, it's only normal for us women to go through that stage."

She bit her lower lip as her face turned bright red. She was obviously embarrassed to talk to me.

"O-Okay lang po ako, A-Ate Mia, salamat po," she stuttered.

This is what Dominic meant when he said that he needs me. Noong una ay naguguluhan pa ako kung bakit kami pumunta sa isang convenience store malapit sa university. Halos magusot ang buong mukha ko when he pulled me the isle where only women often came and ordered me to buy pads. I was very annoyed dahil sa pag-aakala kong sa girlfriend niya iyon ibibigay.

I can still remember how many times I rolled my eyes while frowning when we were at the cashier. Just the thick of his face! Ako pa talaga ang inutusan niyang bumili, ha!

And just by thinking that he already has a girlfriend easily made my blood boil. After he kissed me and touched me? Ang kapal-kapal lang talaga ng mukha niya!

Agad na dinumog ng tanong at insecurities ang katawan ko even though I shouldn't have. Is his girlfriend also studying at the university? Is that why he was there kanina? But I'm sure na I'm better than her dahil ako ang pinaka-maganda sa buong university!

My eyes turned into slit when we went back inside the university. He was literally dragging me as if I was not hurting! I am starting to think that he prefers younger girls nang hilahin niya ako patungo sa high school building and stop right in front of the girls comfort room.

I can't fucking believe it! He's a child abuse! A fucking pedo!

I threw him a death glare nang pinapasok niya ako dala ang small paper bag sa loob. And there, I heaheard a woman's voice crying from one of the cubicles. I am preparing for my bitch face mode but later on I found out that Maria is Dominic's younger sister. It's easy to notice that because she looks very much like their Mom and a little bit of Dominic. She has large russet eyes that she got from their mother and thick eyelashes like her brother. Her skin looks a little more fair than Dominic and her armpit length hair was dark brown. Ngayon ko lang din napansin ang foreign looks nilang magkapatid na nakuha siguro nila sa kanilang ama dahil mukha namang Filipina ang mother nila.

Ria just got her first period at hindi niya alam ang gagawin so she just called her older brother. Dominic was also confused nang tawagan siya ng kapatid niya at lalong mas hindi niya alam ang gagawin. ’Cause obviously, he's a man.

That's also probably the reason why Dominic went near the college buildings to find some help. Wala daw kasing kaibigan si Ria sa school dahil siguro sa freshman pa lang ito. I also noticed that she was quiet and very shy, dahil kung hindi ay kanina pa niya sana ako kinulit at kinausap so that we could be friends. Because just like what I said earlier, I am fucking famous.

Noong una ay hindi ako pinagbubuksan ng pintuan ni Maria when I first knocked on her cubicle's door. I just said that Dominic was the one who sent me there to help her. It took me a few minutes to convince her to finally open the door. Bakas ang pagkagulat sa buong mukha niya whe she sees me. Siguro hindi niya inaakala na ako pa talaga ang inutusan ng magaling niyang kapatid na tumulong sa kanya.