How Do You Live Like This?

Nemuri's POV:

I had went out to look for Shota a bit since I knew that if HIZASHI went to look for him, all hell would break loose. I really thought he would be at the bar, but I guess I was wrong. Since he wasn't at the bar, I figured he already returned to his apartment and I could try and talk to him. Since he had been answering my phone calls lately, and we talked a bit, I thought he might be willing to talk to me. We didn't need to talk about Yesterday, but school was in 5 days and I KNEW Shota wasn't ready.

*Knock, knock, knock* I had finally reached his apartment and knocked on the door, but no one answered. That would be usually, except normally he huffs or make some type of noise so I know he's at least ALIVE. *Knock, knock, knock* "Shota! If you're in their, can you PLEASE open the door!" No response.

I sigh and back myself against a wall. "I'm so confused." *Slam!* I went to pull out my phone when I heard a door down the hall slam and saw something run out. "Shota?" He was coughing as he fumbled with his key and unlocked his apartment. He opened the door and tried to slam it shut before I grabbed it. "Hey! What the hell happened, Shota?!"

I followed him into his apartment and closed the door softly. "Why were you at Hizashi's apartment?" He went straight to the bathroom and I just heard coughing. "Are you ok?!?!?" Eventually the coughing stopped and I heard the toilet flush. The door swung open and he immediately when up to the kitchen counter and picked up a bottle of alcohol.

He plopped down on the couch and started chugging it. "Will you please answer me!" I snatched the bottle and looked him in the eye. "Bitch! Leave me the fuck alone!" Rolling my eyes, I headed toward the kitchen and pulled out two glasses. I had helped him unpack when he moved here and hung out with him quite a bit before... before Hizashi left.

I poured each glass about half way before returning to the living area. I placed one of the glasses and the bottle on the coffee table in front of the couch. "It's dark in here! How the hell you life like this?!" I set my glass down and stood up. Shota huffed before picking up the bottle again instead of the glass.

I went around turning on lights when Shota started complaining. "Nemuriiiiii." He sat himself up so his feet were on the floor. "Turn the lights off, old hag." He was rubbing his eyes. "No, and I'm only like 2 years older than you!" I returned to my chair and put my attention back on my drink. I sniffed it before taking a small sip.

"Whoa! This shit is strong!" I looked up to see that Shota had the whole bottle again. "No!" I snatched it from him, but it was already empty. "SHOTA!!!" He curled up in a blanket and buried his face in his knees. I kinda felt bad seeing him like this, no, I REALLY felt bad. "Sho..."

Word count *not including authors note*: 544

Heyo, this is more of one those "filler" chapters but I think it kinda shows alot about the "older sister" character I'm aiming for Nemuri to be, in this book. :)