Why Now?

3rd person POV:

Nemuri looked in the window of a cafe as she walked by.

[TV] "Yes! The rumors are true! Pro hero Present Mic is coming back. It is not confirmed, but it is said he will be attending UA as a teacher!"

"Huh. It's been years since I've seen Hizashi. I wonder how he's been." She thought, debating whether to get a coffee or not. She immediately started thinking about Shota. I wonder if he knows... I wonder if he's ALIVE. She often worried about her friend... she worried he would KILL himself.

She wondered what his best friend, Hizashi, would do if he knew about Shota's condition. "I haven't seen Shota in a while either. I really hope he's alive." She had tried to go to his house multiple times, but he never answered the door. He also never picked up the phone.

"Ah." She sighed. She tried to think of something else. "Well, maybe I'll talk to Nezu about the staff this year. Or I'll wait till school starts, I wonder if Hizashi will actually be a teacher at UA." Then she had a sudden realization. "Oh shit." She accidentally said out loud.

The gears in her mind moved rapidly. "... if Hizashi becomes a teacher... he will have to see Shota sooner or later." She wished she had Hizashi's new number. "This could be bad."

Shota's POV:

I was just laying in my bed, in my very dark room. I had heavy curtains to protect me from the outside world. "Damn, I even got tired of sleeping." I sat up, staring at the black screen of the TV. I never turned it on, I didn't care about the world anymore. I haven't for 3 years... not since HE left. "Shut up." I said to myself. I need to forget that backstabbing son of a bitch. I couldn't help myself now... now that my thoughts started.

"That motherfucker. He'll never love me. It's been 3 years and he hasn't even tried to call me. No it's all my fault. I'm so useless... such a bad friend. I should just..."

3rd person POV:

The depressed and paranoid male looked over at his nightstand. There laid a cup of Clorox and a loaded pistol. He picked up the gun and pressed it against the side of his head, laughing. "I could do it. I could do it right now. And it would all be over." His hand was shaking violently. Then he dropped the gun into the soft sheets, tears streaming down his face."I-I. I can't." He buried his face in his hands and eventually fell back, laying his head on his pillow. Despite his insomnia, he fell asleep that night. Maybe because of dreams of a certain blonde that filled his head.

Word count: 473