Sebastian Chapter 43

He watches her run off, leaving him with only her memory and the necklace that now sits in his pocket where he clutches it. His eyes are damp with tears as he is pulled down into levels of the compound he didn't even know existed.

He's taken to a room with a steel door, and is shoved in. "Sit!" Barks one of the guards.

He takes a seat on the gurney that lays in the middle of the room. He runs the his last memory of Veronica through is mind. A smile creeps onto his lips, as he thinks of her. He knows he can die happy because she loves him, and because she kissed him. It was all worth it because she kissed him.

"You look awfully chipper for someone who's about to die," Axle says as he struts into the room.

"Die?" Sebastian asks, even though he's not surprised. He knew he would die sooner or later.

"Did you really think, I would let you live?" Axles asks with a chuckle. "You would never be loyal to me."

"You're right," Sebastian spits, rage drowning his words, "I could never be loyal to someone like you."

"You mean someone so powerful, smart cunning," he asks, with a sinister smile that makes Sebastian's stomach ache.

"You know I feel sorry for you," Sebastian says, his tone changing from rage to pity.

"You," Axle laughs, "feel sorry for me? The dead man feels sorry for me?"

"I may be a dead man, but I have something you never will," Sebastian responds leaning back.

"And what's that?" He asks folding his arms.

"Someone who loves me, and someone I love," Sebastian smirks. "You could have a hundred army's and millions of soldiers, but none of that matters if you have nothing worth fighting for. So yes, I feel sorry that you never have experienced what really makes the world great, and I feel sorry that you put yourself on the path to where you never will!"

Sebastian sees the anger on Axle's face, and feels a wave satisfaction. "Guards," Axle yells with a blind rage, "strap him down!"

Axle marches off to a metal table, off to the side picking up a long syringe. Sebastian immediately recognizes it. It's a death serum. He'd only seen it used once, but within a minute the victim was dead.

"I thought you weren't going to kill me," Sebastian says, his heart pounding faster by the second.

"Well, I changed my mind," he answers, making his way towards Sebastian.

"What," Sebastian starts, trying to buy some time to work his arms from the straps that loosely bind him, "can't handle the truth?"

A look of rage flashes across Axle's face, but is gone in an instant. "No I just don't like listening to ignorant people." Now Axle is standing over Sebastian, whose arms are slowly getting out of the loosely tied straps. "Anything else you want to say, you know, before you die."

"Yeah," Sebastian says with a smile, "We've known each other for so long, and I'm glad that... I'll never have to look at your disgusting face ever again."  Axle stares down at Sebastian who adds, "I think that's pretty good for last words, don't you think."

"Oh Sebastian, don't you know sarcasm is a last defense," Axle says with a smirk.

"Sarcasm? No that's not a last defense. This is," Sebastian says ripping his arms from the straps. He grabs Axles head pulling down to slam against the table. The syringe drops to the floor along with Axle. Sebastian jumps up and starts towards the door, guards come at him from all directions. He blocks hundreds of blows, and lands several fatal ones, before he manages to get to the door. He wraps his hand around the cool handle, as he starts to turn it he's slammed into the door, getting pinned against it.

"Well at least you can say you went down fighting," Axle says with a smirk. Then he plunges the needle into Sebastian's arm, and the cool liquid courses through him, heading straight to his heart.

This is it, he thinks then he remembers Veronica. He recalls her laugh, her smile, her voice. He closes his eyes accepting the fact he will never hear her laugh again, never see her smile again,  and never again here the voice that always new what to say. He closes his eyes, and pictures her. His last words will not be spoken, because they are a cry from his heart, and his heart calls out her name. Veronica.