Veronica Chapter 11

We weaved through several dimly lit hallways, cause that's not creepy, before we got to the Directors office. Sebastian knocked on the door. We heard a gravely voice telling us to come in.

I take in a shaky breath, and enter with Sebastian quickly on my heels. The other guy leaves so it's just us. We sit in two black chairs across from the Director's desk.

"Do you know who I am Miss Daldalian?" He asks.

I hesitate before I say, "Well, your not Santa." Then I lean over to Sebastian and whisper, "He's not Santa right?"

His face is serious, but his eyes hold laughter. He makes a strange coughing noise, and directs his attention back to the Director. He glances at me, and nods for me to do the same.

I look at the Director. His face is flush with anger. This guy needs to lighten up. You know?

"I am Director Caudfield," he says, "We are recruiting you to become an agent."

"What if I don't want to," I say. Sebastian sends me a stern glance, but I ignore it.

"Well, I could have you arrested for hacking into our system," he says leaning forward, when I stay silent he continues, "That's what I thought. So, you being a talented hacker, we-."

"Computer scientist," I interrupt.

"What," he asks.

"You called me a hacker, but I prefer the term computer scientist," I say, "Please continue I'm very intrigued by what you have to say."

"We want you to join our agency, and train to be an agent," he says, and adds, "Your other option is jail. So what's your decision?"

I look at Sebastian who is already starting at me. I then glance back at the Director, he has a deep smirk on his face. I suck in a deep breath, and say, "Fine, what do you want me to do?"

"Wonderful," he says smiling, "Agent Hall please escort Miss Daldalian to her room, and fill her in on the protocol, and schedule. Your dismissed."

We rise, I shoot a glare at the Director , and I follow Sebastian out. He shuts the door behind us. I can tell he is more relaxed once we leave, I guess he was just as uncomfortable as I was in there.

"Follow me," he says, and we make our way through this maze of a building. He guides me to the start of my new life.