Hug Warfare

After these rather chaotic meetings with her extended family, Kitari Jinna Zalia-Revel-Kallig-Nox turned her attention back to her daughter. After all, part of her reason for getting a house was to  have somewhere to privately train Avrria.

However, it wasn't going greatly.

 Avrria Revel sat in the centre of her mother's bedroom, glaring at a 'training droid'. It wasn't having much effect. Her six foot, murderous, masked Dark Lady of a mother may be intimidating when she crossed her arms and glared, but four-year-old Avrria wasn't. Especially not when dressed up in an outfit that consisted of far too many bows and frills to possibly scare anything.

Besides which, droids don't get scared very easily. Well, some droids might, but this one had been assembled hastily by her Dark Lady mother, in an attempt to train her in the ways of Sith. 

The problem? Kitty Zalia-Revel-Kallig-Nox was many, many things, but mechanically gifted was not one of them. Which explained why the 'droid' in front of Avrria looked suspiciously like a bucket, balanced on 2V-R8's spare legs. It didn't even have fear sensors. Or any sensors, for that matter.

Still, Kitty patiently watched, waiting for her daughter to do something. Meanwhile, Avrria continued to hope that she could scare the 'droid' away. The tin bucket on legs just stood there, completely unmoved by the toddler's angry stare.

When Avie realised that the droid wasn't afraid of her, she tried a new tactic. One that always worked on her father, when she wanted something. Widening her dark green eyes, she blinked up at the droid from under her eyelashes, fake tears welling up in her eyes.

Again, the metal monster was unmoved by her emotions.

"Av...Do something to it. Get it!" Kitty urged her on, longing to see her makeshift 'droid' destroyed by her daughter.

Avrria thought long and hard about this, sitting blinking in quiet confusion, at both her mother and her apparent enemy. Then she reached a decision. If it would not fall for her emotional tricks, she'd have to make peace with it. Standing up and toddling across the floor to the droid, she flashed it a innocent little smile and wrapped her arms around it in a hug.

Then began to cry as her new friend's bucket head dropped off.

Darth Nox was normally an immensely protective mother, who'd go ballistic if anything dared to make her daughter cry. But for once she just stood and stared. While it was true that Avie had dismantled the droid, she'd expected, wanted, and tried to encourage something a little more...Sith like. She sighed. It was 4 P.M now, and all day she'd been trying unsuccessfully to train her heir.

She'd decided to start that morning, when Avie whined about being bored.

Maybe I'm not doing this right, maybe she's too young, Kitty thought. Or maybe I just need a long break and some alcohol, she added to herself.