Curiosity

Kitty Zalia strode through the Sith library, scowling in annoyance.

She had done well as a Sith. Now she was seventeen and a Sith Apprentice with the whole galaxy ahead of her. Well, when she got off Korriban. Which she could only do once she found some stupid missing Holocron she didn't give a crap about for Lady Zash, her Master.

Kitty hated Korriban with a passion and knew who had taken the Holocron, so she supposed she'd have to do what she had never been good at and obey orders. Hence her annoyance. 

She sighed, looked at the long and boring conventional staircase, thought for a few nanoseconds, then jumped. She landed perfectly, straightened up, gave a passing and disapproving Sith Lord an innocent grin, and headed towards where she suspected most of the acolytes were.

She spotted her target almost instantly, a loud Lethan Twi'lek of about nine years, standing chatting to another girl. The other was a small, red-haired, shy-looking girl, who seemed to just be trying to hide behind the Twi'lek as they whispered. Kitty pushed the strange connection she felt as she looked at them to the back of her mind and strode forward.

The Twi'lek looked up at her as she reached them, clearly wondering what she wanted. In fact, Kitty suspected wondering was behind all this, just a child's sheer curiosity. Nothing of any importance. 

She decided to get this over with so she could get off this dreadful planet. She turned towards the Twi'lek, narrowed her emerald eyes and said loudly "I want a word with you, Twi'lek!"

The Twi'lek glared back, apparently not at all scared. This made Kitty internally curse, as the Twi'lek replied with, "My name is May, not Twi'lek, now, what do you want?" The ending of this was followed up by a strange word, which Kitty suspected was rude in Twi'leki.

She rolled her eyes and cursed in Huttese. "All I want is the Holocron you stole!" She hissed through gritted teeth. The Twi'lek child adopted a hurt expression.

"Stole? That's a strong word, I only wanted a look." Kitty tried to remain cross-looking but was, in fact, trying not to be amused. So, she had been right. It was nothing she wouldn't have done as a kid if she could, after all.

The human spoke next, albeit very quietly, "I think you've annoyed her enough, May, just give it back, you've had your fun with it anyway."

At the mention of 'having fun with it', May smirked a little and produced it. Kitty snatched it, looking at them again, just to try to suss out if the weird connection was still there. Yes. Pushing it away again, she stormed off.

As she walked back to the 'boring' stairs, images of them appeared in her mind. The youngest looked to be 5, she had bright red hair, neat and short, and a permanent shy expression. The Twi'lek, May, was red skinned, purple-eyed and, from what Kitty had seen, loud and sarcastic. Kitty wondered why she even cared, caught herself thinking about them again and swore fairly loudly, surprising her master, who had just been leaving her quarters.

Kitty shoved the Holocron at Zash, muttered a quick excuse and ran off, vaguely aware of a small voice in her head asking her what she was doing. She stopped, and leant against a wall, out of breath. Partly because she had been running far too fast for her tired body, but mainly because she had thought of something.

Children. Family. What if..? No that just wasn't possible... Or at least it wasn't probable. She closed her eyes, hoping to calm down, or preferably, wake up from a crazy freak dream and be somewhere else. Instead, she saw a picture of her father in her mind.

 Her father, if her vague memories of him served her correctly, had had hair that was as bright red as the shy little girl's, and pale skin, much like the girl's skin.

Kitty's mind raced. She started running again, then her knackered body stopped her, and she slowed down. She walked to a small library nearby.

Activating a computer, she dropped into a chair and typed in her family name. Nothing. Sighing, she typed in her mother's name. A thousand links appeared on her screen. She clicked one of them and saw a long, complex family tree. It started with her father's second cousin's grandmother, whose long-lost sister had seemingly a grandchild who was the mother of Tali and May Talon, the young Sith she had just met.

The Sith relaxed, so she wasn't going crazy, they were related. Thank Force. She made a quiet vow never to get weird like that again. Ever. Then she got up and was about to turn off the screen when she noticed more names.

She had a sister, by the looks of things, a Jedi. She was related to a Jedi. She pulled a face, feeling a bit sick. 

In fact, there were the names of multiple Jedi there. Apparently May and Tali had many sisters, two of whom were Jedi. The others were involved in all kinds of businesses, even as children. One worked for Imperial Intelligence already, another was training with the Republic Army, to her horror. Then there were others with extensive criminal records for their young ages...

Her family tree was a total mess. That distracted Kitty enough to stop her noticing her own family name on the screen.  The fact that she bore the name of an ancient Sith family, Kallig, slipped by the oblivious young Sith.