Is This Love?

Kitty Zalia-Kallig curled up in her bed, she knew she should be heading to Alderaan on her next mission, but that was just such a bore. In the last six months, she'd done nothing more than drift with her crew in space.

Well, maybe a little more. Kitty blushed in the darkness of her bedroom at the thought of her developing love life with her first ever boyfriend, Andronikos Revel. Then she cursed her traitorous thoughts. Andronikos was not her boyfriend! They were just close...that was all. Or was it?

She thought of the gift he'd given her that night. It was a nice sword that he'd acquired years ago. What was it he'd said? 'A beautiful weapon for a beautiful lady.' Kitty thought over it for a while. 

Maybe he was her boyfriend. She felt herself blush again. Was she really...falling in love? The Sith gasped at her own thoughts. As if she'd ever get that soppy, she didn't do love. She'd vowed to herself four years ago that she'd never be soppy, and she'd always managed to keep to that so far. The closest she came was killing anyone who hurt her younger Sith relatives, but that was different. Anyone that stupid would have been killed sooner or later anyway.

Then she supposed there had been her stupid crush on Andronikos 6 months ago, but she was more or less past that. Now she just liked him. As a friend. A friend who thought he looked hot and flirted with him from time to time, but that didn't matter. 

Did it? She had no experience with this kind of thing.

Kitty knew that she'd never sleep with her mind in this demented state and slid out of bed. She pulled on a loose black robe and grabbed her Lightsaber, just in case. She never knew if there was an assassin on board, and anyway Khem could be... Unreasonable if she accidentally woke him up.  

Then she left her quarters and sat down outside on a couch, looking up at the ship's wall where the sword Andronikos had given her hung.

She was mulling over their relationship again when a door opening alerted her to the fact there was either a member of her crew or a well-hidden assassin that had been hiding since Tatooine coming up behind her. She was about to turn round when someone spoke. "What's up, Sith? Can't sleep?" Andronikos enquired, coming around to sit beside her.

"...I'm just not in the mood for sleep." She replied, not wanting to explain the thoughts that kept her awake to him.

"Me neither." He responded. The room lapsed into silence for a few minutes before he spoke again. 

"Sleepy-monster won't be awake for a few hours, why don't we go to that Cantina on Tatooine, revive a few old memories?" She heard him ask casually. 

Kitty thought over it. Part of her confused brain decided it could do with a drink and the rest of it agreed.

That was how Kitty Zalia-Kallig ended up propping up a drunken Andronikos and attempting to come up with an excuse to drag him back to the ship. 

It was about 4 in the morning and Andronikos had whiled away the night by finding his old pals and getting into a drinking contest with them. Kitty had thought he didn't drink, but obviously, she was wrong, since he was now in a newt-like state, but since the other competitors were Mandalorians, they were only a little loud and 'jolly'.

She turned to Torian Cadera and his girlfriend Holly. This wasn't going to be easy, for a start they were 'partying'. Secondly, Holly had figured out that she and Kitty were distantly related and would not shut up.

Kitty pulled Andronikos upright and began to speak. "Well, that was...entertaining, but I'm a Sith, and we are very busy people." She announced, managing to sound plausible.

The Bounty Hunters smirked and waved, saying goodbye loudly and not exactly politely before resuming their 'party'.

Kitty sighed and hauled the drunken pirate towards the spaceport, ignoring the strange looks people were giving her. Was this how stressful falling in...like...with a criminal was? She cursed and half pulled, half shoved the pirate onto her ship and towards the crew quarters.

No, this is never going to work, not without us both being killed for waking Khem up, she thought. Oh, Force, she thought angrily, dragging him into her quarters and dropping him onto her bed.

"You owe me, pirate!" She hissed quietly.

"Yeah, whatever...love you too, Sith." He muttered, half-drunkenly before dropping off.

Kitty slid out of her robe, dropped her Lightsaber and flopped down beside him. He's a criminal, I'm a Sith, but who cares, now I know I'm in love, she thought as she dropped off to sleep with her first boyfriend.