Reasons To Live

Kitari Zalia-Revel-Kallig was training again. Hard. The end of her Sith War with Thanaton was drawing nearer, and since she had taken a break to have her daughter, Avrria Revel-Kallig, she needed to catch up.

The masked Sith Lady sharpened a knife on the spiked edge of her gauntlet then threw it quickly and accurately into the chest of the training dummy in front of her, before producing the long, slim, golden hilt of her Lightsaber. Still intently focused on her practise fighting, she wordlessly activated it's twin red blades and whirled it menacing in front of her, approaching the dummy.

A blaster bolt whizzed through the air and passed Lady Kallig by, just inches from her fortunately mask-encased ear, and left a sizzling mark beside the Sith's vibro-knife.

Kallig turned slowly around, fixing the empty black eye sockets of her mask on the tanned man in a dark suit of lightweight armour who was slouched against the doorpost, spinning a smoking blaster pistol around his finger. "Figured I could use some practise too. I mean, I'm good, but this Thanaton guy is crazy." Andronikos Revel explained casually.

"What makes you think you'll be facing him?" The Sith Lady retorted.

Andronikos raised one dark eyebrows. "You think for a second that any of us want you walking in there alone?" He commented in shock.

"I don't want him to exist, but what we want doesn't enter into this." Lady Kitty Zalia-Revel-Kallig responded in a blunt, cold tone.

"Yeah, well, none of us want you to walk in there, but this one of us isn't going to let you." He told her firmly.

Kitty snorted. "You don't have any authority over me! I am Sith and I will destroy Thanaton!" The Sith proclaimed, channelling all her rage into her words. Truth be told, she was only angry with Thanaton and the predicament he had put her in, but when Kitty was cross, she let everyone know.

Fortunately, after six years of marriage, the Pirate understood at least a little bit about how his Sith wife's mind worked and realised that. "I might not have any authority over a Sith Lady of whatever title you've got these days, but as your husband, and the father of your daughter, I'm asking you to take back up. I don't know if you need it, but if you don't, it's not gonna hurt. If you do, and you go alone...It will. It will really hurt. I'm not a 'people person', but I don't know how well I'd cope without you, and just...Think of Avrria. Blast it, I'm begging you, don't throw this away!" He implored her in a rant, trying to get past the small wall of insanity in her mind and make her see sense.

For the longest few minutes since that escape pod, his beloved Sith was silent, her mask hiding any emotions that her facial expression may betray. Then, just when he felt like walking away, she spoke. "I...You're right. I don't need help, obviously. But I do need to live, for Avie's sake, perhaps...for you, too." The Sith said, walking towards him as her tone softened at the end of her sentence.

"And, Andronikos...?" Lady Kallig added as she stood directly in front of him, just inches from her face.

He reached up and slid the dark metal countenance that hid her real head off, unleashing a wave of maroon ringlets that fell rapidly down to her waist. Placing a gloved hand on her soft, light brown cheek and gazing into her ruby eyes, Andronikos Revel smiled at his wife. "Yes, Kit?"

"Thank you." She murmured, just before she brought her lips down against his.