chapter 50: Deep Trouble

"So, did you take off your sunglasses by yourself?" He asks, uncertainty and curiosity is dancing in his voice as he marches from left to right, not knowing what to do with his hands.

It is so strange, I didn't think this revelation would affect him that much, at all. In his mind it's working hard, thoughts are twirling like leaves on a stormy day. What I said is kind of shocking I understand that, but he's reacting as if it would have been impossible for me to take my sunglasses off in front of someone else.

"No, I didn't."

"But what then?! I'm not understanding, Seth!" I want to laugh at how frustrated he is in front of me.

I've seen him frustrated before and it was because of the women he used to see all the time, but I couldn't imagine been the reason of why he's so frustrated now. I should snap a picture of him and bring it home, I'll stuck it over my bed, just to make sure I'll remember this day forever.

"Listen, I was in the bathroom, washing my face, I forgot that the door was half closed and out of nowhere she appeared behind me while I wasn't wearing my sunglasses which had fallen down by my clumsiness. It was a tremendous scene, it's stuck in my brain and it replays all the damn time. You have no idea how catastrophic I was in front of her... Ridiculous is even better," I mutter the last words under my breath.

"So you were with her last night?" He asks, impatiently waiting for my answer.

"Yeah... Obviously..."

"Here, on the cruise?" He asks another one, bending towards me.

Are we in an interrogation or what? I've accepted to tell him part of what happened but I don't think he has the right to know the rest, does he? 

"No..." I should've say yes, it would've spare me another reaction from him. Unfortunately, for me, lying to Justin means been a traitor in some kind of ways.

"Where then? Stop playing with me, please."

"I'm not playing with you, I'm trying to tell you the story here."

"Then, tell it to me properly, we're not going to pass the day with it, we have to work, remember?"

Yes, work... My jaw clench at the sound of the word. I wonder if any other men has ever gotten depressed while working on a cruise? I'm deadly sure that I reached the peak, I look down, there's nothing much than white and grey clouds coating the voidness down there, if I jump, there's no guarantee that I'll touch the safe land.

"Look, we weren't here yesterday, I brought her somewhere else," I reply cordially.

He looks at me for what feels like thirteen minutes. His left eyebrow moving, his sucking his lower lips, deep in his thoughts. While constantly having him on my back, I learned that when his eyes go paler and bigger, and when he's fixing something, this means he's thinking, his neurons are working out pretty well to give him the answers he's seeking for by himself.

"Holy crap," he yells, looking at me with pure shock and astonishment.

"You brought her to the chalet... Tell me you didn't, tell me it's a mere assumption I just said out loud." That's the reaction I didn't wanted him to have...

"Sorry to disappoint you but I brought her there. Good assumption," I say, smiling at him, at least to soothe the situation because by the look of his face, I just touched a sensitive spot.

For a moment his face was stiff and expressionless, then it slowly turns out to become more rough and full of expressions that are hard to detect. He takes his hands off his pants, places them on his messy blond hairy head and starts chuckling.