chapter 15: Ah, Justin!

My eyes are glued to the ustensiles I'm washing but my mind is literally elsewhere. My mind is lost in a pure red colour and vanilla perfume assorted with a scent of cherry that hasn't left me since last night.

Suddenly I feel someone next to me, I glance to my left and find an extremely happy Justin who is standing here, looking at me with a huge smile on his face, the kind of smile that means he knows something or that he has done something that is stimulating him.

"What is happening?" I ask with a frown which, I'm sure, is perfectly perceptible on my face and I wipe my hands with a towel.

"She is fierce and I like it," he says and I look at him, the frown not leaving my face, on the contrary, it's getting more obvious. What the hell is he talking about?

"Okay... and who are you talking about?" I ask him.

"Cher!" He shouts her name and I almost slapped him for doing this. What's wrong with this man? And how does he know her name is Cher? I didn't tell him anything about her and her name never escaped my mouth when I was at work.

"Justin, I'm working so can you leave, please," I say and turn towards my ingredients. I have better things to do than talking to him. I'm aware that he'll speak a lot and I don't want to hear anything about what he has to say.

"I can't leave, you stupid ass, I work here too." He strikes my shoulder and laughs under his breath.

I look around me to make sure that no one is looking at us because during work hours we aren't permitted to do what we're doing right now. Justin should be in the front, taking orders, not in the back, watching me, and I was supposed to be cooking! If one of the boss's staffs sees us— and yes, the boss of the Saint Jones has many people that only work for him, ridiculous, I know— I'll be in huge problems, bigger than Justin.

"You should be taking orders... stupid ass," I say and walk towards the other side, looking around for the salt that I have trouble finding. I look behind everything but unfortunately it's not there. Maybe someone took it without me perceiving it?

"Are you perhaps looking for that?" I turn around and my eyes land on the small white tube that contains the salt that Justin is holding in his filthy hand. He looks at me with a sly smile and all I want to do now is to punch him, he is so annoying when he wants to.

"Give it to me, please," I say with exasperation.

He shakes his head slowly and it's like I'm standing in front of a child. "If you answer my questions, I'll give it to you."

I sigh and rest my back against the counter behind me. "I have to work, we aren't at school, Justin. Give it to me now," I say firmly.

"On one condition, you answer my questions." He is playing hard, and I need this salt. I look towards the front, wondering if I should ask someone to lend me theirs, but then I refrain myself from doing so, during my working hours, I don't like to talk to other workers unless they need me. As a Chef, my ears are always open to them.

I sigh and fold my arms around my chest, waiting for him to say whatever he has to say. Justin sometimes acts like a child and it's really annoying, his conduct itself is annoying.

"Do you feel something for her?" He asks and I look at him with wide eyes, luckily I have my sunglasses on, he has no idea if I'm looking at him that way.

"Justin, I just met her, okay? Yesterday was the first time we had a proper conversation, how can I have feelings for her?" I don't have feelings for her but I won't lie that she does something to me, she has this marvelous thing that drags me towards her and I still find it weird.