Part 3) Prologue

You guys are probably thinking: "Wow, what a dick he is."

And, seriously, I agree with you guys, and it's not because I do have a dick. I can prove I have one, I swear.

But, I pretty much am a traitor, a cheater, a liar, or whatever you want to call me. Why can't I ever keep promises? It's hard to keep a promise to someone and go through with it for the rest of your life. But, not keeping a promise to the one that I love? That's just messed up...

And yes, person who is currently reading my life (how creepy), I didn't say "loved." I said "love." You know why? It's because I still love Nico. I still love my Ghost King, my Shadow Prince, and the nickname that he told me to give him: Sexy.

Everything that I'm about to tell you is a flashback. Do you remember what Nico said at the very beginning of his story? He said:

"But, all of this was true. Why is it past tense, you ask? Well, that's because, it's different now. My father is now dead. I live with my boyfriend, Percy Jackson, who happened to take my virginity. I live with Percy's mother and father, Sally and Paul Blofis, and Percy's younger brother, Tyson Jackson. I get a lot of attention at school, and all the people that used to bully me pretty much worship the ground I walk. I find it hilarious how this all happened. Apparently, that one percent of my life getting better happened, and now look where I got myself."

Did he ever say that a bad ending was going to happen? No, he said that his life got better. And, mine did too when I met Nico for the first time at Miles Square Park. Yeah, I still remember the name of the park, and when Nico told me the name of the park on July 23rd. I mean, why wouldn't I remember that? Every second I spent with Nico was the most treasured time I've ever experienced. And, I would've especially remembered the name of the place where I first met the person that I never wanted to let go.

And, now I feel as if you guys are thinking: "Psh, are you kidding?! You totally let the fucking guy go, you asshole!"

God, you guys are seriously damn mean to me, you know? Wow, I got a lot of my cursing habits from Nico, huh?

Well, anyway, onto the topic again. Nico didn't have a bad ending. He just decided to end his story on the part where I cheated on him. Yeah, no biggie Nico. Just let everyone think that I'm a cheater. Oh, yeah, no big deal.

God, did I inherit Nico's sarcasm too? I guess this is what happens when you spend too much time with the person that you love. I mean, I really like Nico's sarcasm, just throwing that out there. And, no, I do not liter. Look, I know I said that I'm throwing it out there. Okay, let's just, get back onto topic. Again.

Nico left you guys a bad impression of me. I know I did some wrong things in my life, but what Hannah Montana said: "Nobody's perfect." And, no, Miley Cyrus did not say it, Hannah Montana did. They're obviously different people. Guys, calm down, I was just kidding.

Okay, look, just give me a chance and read my side of the story. Maybe I'll throw a bit of Annabeth's side of the story in somewhere since she was with Nico a whole lot.

I swear, I'm not a dick. I mean, I have a dick, but I'm not a dick.

You gave Nico a chance to read how his life became better, right? Why can't you give me a chance and read my story?

Look, it wasn't a if I was happy without Nico as I dated Caly. No, I was probably the most messed-up guy on Earth. I'm surprised my parents didn't make an appointment with a psychologist or something.

I hated my life without Nico. I fucked up big time, and not in the sexual way. My life seemed totally...off without my Ghost King. Falling asleep without him in my arms and waking up to his perfect face that he thought was imperfect was such a minor, everyday thing that I did, but when it disappeared, I didn't know what I would do. I almost lost it; I almost lost myself.

Every single time I got a chance at seeing Nico, I could tell that he was suffering too, but it was even worse than me. He hates relying on people, but ever since the break-up that I just hate talking about, he has had to rely on the friends that ditched me and went to help him. And, frankly, I was thankful that thy left me. Firstly, I deserved it, and secondly, Nico would break and lose it more than me if he didn't have anyone to help him. He hated people's sympathy, and I knew that my friends that left me knew that too. I mean, he could've fucking died. And, if he died, then I probably would have too.

It was even harder seeing Caly. I knew what Nico felt like whenever he gave someone a fake smile. I knew what Nico felt like whenever he had to lie to someone. I was never a guy to hurt someone on purpose unless they threatened somebody that I loved. Before, in the Summer, Caly said the shittiest things about Nico and why I should've dated her instead. That's why, at the movie theater, I called him "my boyfriend" instead of "Nico."

In fact, it hurt me whenever I saw someone else instead of Caly. My heart always twisted in guilt and despair whenever I saw soft, dark brown hair, dark clothing, and gorgeous, dark brown eyes when I looked at Caly.

I ruined him; I broke him. I missed holding him in my arms and kissing him on his lips. I missed joking around with him and playing video games on the PS3 in my house and his new house. I missed his real and genuine smiles that I brought back to him. I missed everyday I spent with him, from the day we met to the day where he began to ignore me.

I couldn't take it anymore. And, after all the heart breaks that Nico gave me whenever I tried to get him to date me again but he threw the idea down, he finally gave in one fortunate day. He was the same whenever I met him: he was emotionless, and whenever he actually managed to smile, it followed with a depressed expression. And, it hurt even more to know that I was the one that caused the sad look on his face.

Well, anyway, why don't you go ahead and read my side of the story this time? And, don't worry, it'll get better, for you and me.

And this time, I promise, and I mean it this time.