Now that we were at the same beauty festival, I prayed to god that I didn't see that woman. Honestly, I didn't need anyone to ruin the peace that Jaxon and I had finally made with one another.

I made my way over to the SheaMoisture hair booth while Megan left us to head over to the booth she would be working from. She would be on the other side of the convention hall promoting makeup for Tarte Cosmetics.

While I was setting up my booth for the crowds of people, I noticed that Jaxon was reading the convention program.

"Hey babe, what time is your lunch?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I don't really have a time." I stated while I continued to set up. Why was he reading the program? I wondered this but didn't say anything. Jaxon continued to look through the pamphlet.

"Well it looks like COCONUTs hair company is having a special promotional event at around 1:00 pm. Do you mind if you take a break then? I don't want us to miss it." I crinkled my eyebrows together and gave Jaxon the side-eye.

"Why?" I asked skeptically.
"Since when did you become interested in black hair care?" Jaxon grinned.

"That's a good question Jas. Lets think. Maybe when I started dating my black girlfriend whose entire job consists of maintaining healthy black hair. I need to be informed too babe. Especially now that we have a kid on the way. I want to know how to do my childs hair." He smiled and I snorted. I wasn't buying the shit he was selling me but hey? I would go along with his foolishness to see what was really up!

"Okay, I'll bite. I'll make sure to find time. But under one condition. The moment I see any hints of Marcy I'm out like a light!" I couldn't help but reference Drake's new song like the lame-o I was. I threw up the deuces to emphasize how serious I was. Jaxon smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Don't worry about all that babe." I trusted him so I didn't badger him any further.

Before the event officially started, I called him over.

"Babe can you be of use really quick and come take my picture?" I asked with a childish pout. Lately, Jaxon was becoming my Instagram photographer and he hated it. But I figured that, if he was going to stand there and do nothing all day, I might as well put him to good use. He face-palmed himself but readily took my camera and snapped a quick photo of me.

I looked at the photo and smiled

I looked at the photo and smiled. I was training him well.

************
Once 1:00pm began to approach, Megan joined us by my booth.

"Oh so he has you in on the shenanigans also?" I questioned Megan and she shrugged.

"I'm as clueless as you Jas. Jaxon texted me earlier and said to meet him hear at this time."

Jaxon placed his arms around both of our shoulders and squeezed us in one big group hug.

"Ladies, ladies... chill the fuck out. Can't a guy show some interest in beauty shit?" I rolled my eyes.