Morning Ethan.

Ethan woke up with the orange scent of Odette's shampoo in his face. He squeezes tighter. After the story she had shared with him last night, Ethan felt as though he took on a deeper understanding about his love.

He wasn't going to rush her, he was going to take things slow. He would wait to take her on any dates until she was ready. He was going to love Odette and support her.

Ethan looked at the clock on her wall, when he realized how late it was he hopped out of bed, waking Odette. She sleepily groaned and rolled over. Ethan bent down and kissed her forehead, "Go back to sleep love." Ethan said while gathering his things and preparing to leave.

Ethan opened her door and stopped in shocked confusion. The door was unlocked. He could have sworn that Odette locked it when Betsy had texted her saying she was sleeping somewhere else. Ethan made a mental note to remind her to always lock the door. He trusted most of the staff and customers of Tic Tak Joe's, but you could never be too safe. A bugler could easily try to break into the cafe and walk up the stairs and harm Odette.

He checked his phone, distractedly walking down the stairs. When he reached the main floor, he bumped into Drew. "Hey." Ethan said politely with a smile. Drew looked at Ethan with an eerie glare and said nothing in response.

Ethan ordered a coffee from Lindsay, choosing to ignore Drew's weird behavior. He left to go into work. With a smile induced by thoughts of a beautiful small girl who he was lucky enough to fall asleep beside.