A much needed conversation

When Odette texted Ethan and he hadn't immediately responded, she had been worried that she had fucked things up by going upstairs at the end of his song.

But when he responded to her "I need to see you." With a text saying "Awesome, I have something to show you." The last thing she had been expecting to see was a tattoo of her name.

Ethan was crazy, and even though she had reprimanded him upon first sight of his new ink. She really did like it. There was just something about having your name permanently on someones' flesh that made it fairly impossible to question your importance to them.

It was then, as Odette lay down with her head on Ethan's chest opposite to her name that she smiled and had to fight the urge to kiss the tattoo.

"Why?" She asked.

"Remember when you complained about how you never found any school supplies or keychains with your name on them when you were a kid? I wanted to give you something with your name on it." Ethan responded with a shrug.

"I'm pretty sure there are websites that put names on pens, you could have just written my name on one too." She reasoned.

He sat up and rolled onto his side facing her. "If I had done anything else, would you have believed how I felt about you?"

"No." Odette answered after a moment of thinking.

"Exactly." He responded.

Ethan wrapped his arm around her waist. His fingers landed on her protruding hipbones. He rubbed them lightly, "When was the last time you ate?" He asked.

"I ate dinner last night." She said sheepishly.

"What did you eat for dinner?" He questioned knowingly.

"Fettuccine alfredo." She said.

He nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck deeply breathing before he sighed.

"I'm glad you haven't been restricting." he said with relief coloring voice.

"I haven't cut in two months. I was going to but I texted you instead." She confided cuddling up to him.

Ethan kissed the top of her head, "I'm glad you didn't. I couldn't live with myself if I caused any scars on your body." He said gently.

"Ethan, I think it's time for me to tell you about Anthony . . . The monster." She said.