Monday

It was Monday morning. I'm not in the mood in giving a thought of doing anything else except listening to music, unfortunately I was the one who was tasked to be the representative of our block. Malas!

I was forced to do the essay contest. As I was writing the essay entry in our school canteen I saw you. I saw you busy scribbling in your poster.

I immediately smiled out of the blue. I don't know but I felt lucky even in just seeing how you creatively draw things in that white paper. A thought came to my mind, You were perfect.

From that day forward I always saw you on the corridor of our building. Walking alone, with your friends, with our teachers. Walking around with all those charms that you got.

Months had gone by and I realized that my first impression of you was right. You were at the top of your class, you were the top 4 in all strands in our batch, you also play guitar, you can dance, you're a Christian, and you're gorgeous in so many ways.

I was silently admiring you from afar. But that genre of me liking you silently was destroyed the day before my birthday. It was when a mutual friend of ours knew that I like you because of your photos on my phone. Creepy ba? Sorry na, crush kita eh!

Then she decided to give me you as a birthday gift to me on my birthday, and again, it was Monday. That day was the first time I heard my heart pounding so loud and so fast because you were in front of me and you said those words that really made my day, “Happy birthday.”

From that day forward, you became the topic in my diary pages. You became all I can think of.

But the day came when I decided stop this. I decided to stop liking you bago pa ako mabaliw sayo.

But on that same day you talked to me then you said my name, you smiled and waved at me. I shut my eyes forcefully and said to myself, “Lintik ka, baliw na ako sayo Bryan.”

My heart gone wild, I can't help myself from smiling. I just realized that my name is nice on that Monday. Ang ganda pala ng pangalan ko. Lalo na nung tinawag mo ko.

Your voice didn't came out from my head. You really know how to mess with these unfortunate brain cells of mine.

Later, came our Acquaintance Party. I wanted you to be my first and last dance of that night. However you weren't my first dance. Nainis ako nun, nag-aya ka pa talaga ng ibang makasasayaw samantalang nandito naman ako.

I thought my Monday happiness will now fade away but I guess I was wrong because you were consistent at making my Mondays merrier than my Christmas days.

Umamin ka sa akin that you liked me too during our dance. That you've also admired me from afar but even before I do. Kaklase pala kita nung Elementary. Bat di kita naalala nun?

I never knew that. Di ko alam na mas nauna pala akong nagustuhan ng lalaking ito. All this time, pakipot lang pala ang mokong.

After few months of you courting me, I said yes and we started a happy relationship on our favorite day, yes it's Monday.

There were many obstacles that we encountered along the long road especially because we entered a long distance relationship because of different universities that we decided to go to.

One of those obstacles is the girl named Aira. Let's just describe her as “Isang lokaret at malanding babae na mangaagaw ng boyfriend”

“Matagal pa ba yan?” Pagputol sa akin nitong lalaki na nasa harapan ko habang nakaismid pa ang loko.

“Shut up! I am practicing my speech on Monday because you said so.” Sabi ko sakanya while glaring at him.

“Okay hon but pwede bang bawasan mo ng konti? kwinento mo naman na kasi yung love story natin dyan eh.” Sabi niya then chuckled.

My! How can this guy be annoying and so adorable at the same time?

“Okay so, to cut this short, all those time before I met you, I thought Mondays will be the most hated days of my life. However now, I never thought, yun palang Monday na yun na unang nakita kita ang babalik-balikan ko.” I said as I looked at him dearly. Napakaswerte ko talaga at nakilala ko tong lalaking to.

He gently pulled me near him.

“At ang babalik at babalik at babalik balik balikan ko rin hanggang dulo. Because the Mondays that I spend with you are my favorite.” He said in the mosy sincere way he could ever do na nagpawala sa sistema ko.

“And you..” I said as I wrap my hands on his nape.

“Are my favorite Monday.” I said and gave him my warmest smile.

“Yes, and you are the one that will complete not just my Mondays but my weekdays, weekends, months, years, and decades.” He said that made my heart melt and soul contented.

“You will always be my favorite part of my every days. I love you Mrs. Monday Diaz.” he said and tried to kiss me but I stopped him and pinched his nose.

“Soon to be Mrs. Monday Diaz” I corrected even though I loved how he called me with his surname attached to my name.

“Well yeah, but our wedding day's on Monday anyways.” he chuckled.

Yes, on Monday I will be his favorite Monday eternally.

END

A/N:
Hello!💕 Thank you for arriving until here~ I hope you liked this story! Kahit na masyado atang keso haha.

Sinama ko po dito si Monday kasi sakanya nag-start yung idea ko eh. hehe. I hope that you will still read the others! Thank you!♥