Chapter 1

Authors notes - i said Mal was 14 even though shes actually 16  because later on in the book she cant be too old xxx

Mals POV.

Today all of Auradon are getting a DNA test. According to Ben its because some crazy lady thinks we are all cats and cats are humans. I know this is crazy but i didnt argue.

We all got tested and they said we would get our results back if they were abnormal to the information we gave them. I gave them my mums name my birthday and place of birth. I wasnt expecting anything back as the barrier had been up for 20 years and i was 14 so its not possible for it to come back different but it did......

I had a letter come through saying DNA test results. It was delivered to our dorm and Evie looked at me confused. I stared at her blankly then she yelled "OPEN IT M!" I did what i was told as at some points Evie can be   rather scary. I looked at the letter.....

DNA test results
Mother: Emma Swan
DOB: 31/12/05
POB: Prison
Description: Given up for adoption when born separated from twin brother closed adoption no contact.

I was shocked. How! I looked at Evie and i blurted out "i'm adopted" then i burst into tears. Suddenly Ben walks in and sees me crying. I couldn't tell him. I just didn't have the guts. Until he saw the piece of paper in my hand. He asked what is was and he took it from me. Then he realised what it was and just hugged me.

Ben POV.

I saw Mal crying when i walked past her dorm, so i went in there to try and cheer her up i hugged her then realised the piece of paper in her hand. I took it of her, i was about to put ot down but when i realised what it was i kept reading. Shes adopted? But how? When? The barrier has been closed hasn't it? I could see how upset she was and i tried to comfort her.

I had an idea what to do as long as Mal agreed. I asked Mal if she wanted to speak to my parents to see if they new anything because i thought no one had ever gone in or out of the isle. Except obviously Mal,Evie,Jay and Carlos. Mal agreed and we left, Evie tagged along.