Sixteen

Emma's POV
The Next Day

I woke up early like usual, and Joey was already up.

"Hey, Em. You're up early." He said as I walked into the kitchen. I had already gotten dressed and thrown my hair up into a ponytail.

"Good morning. I'm going running with Ethan and Grayson." I said, starting to make smoothies.

"It's good that you're keeping up with your running."

"At least four miles everyday."

"Wow. Good job, Emma. I'm proud of you."

I smiled. "Thanks, Joe. I'm also probably gonna go to the studio to practice for a while if you wanna come with us. Ethan usually comes with me to cheer me on while I practice all of my solos. He made Grayson cheer for me last time. It was really funny."

Joey laughed. "I haven't seen you dance in a while. I guess I'll come with."

"Yay! It'll be fun!" I said.

Ethan and Grayson knocked on my door, so I let them in, and then I poured everyone a smoothie.

"Sit down, boys. Breakfast is ready." I said, handing them each a smoothie.

"Thanks, Emma." Grayson said.

Ethan wrapped his arm around my shoulder for a side hug, and he pecked me on the forehead. "Thanks, babe."

Joey downed his smoothie in about three gulps. I shook my head and laughed at him before I started drinking mine.

Eventually, the twins and I left for the track, and after we ran for a while, we went back and picked up Joey, before driving to the studio so I could practice.

Three's a crowd. Maybe I should just invite everyone I know here.

Anyway, Ethan was encouraging Joey and Grayson to cheer me on while I danced, and they all kept making me laugh.

It was harder to concentrate, but after I was done Ethan said that it was the best he's ever seen me dance before.

Maybe it was because Joey was there, and whenever he watches me dance I can feel our parents there with us.

I ran through each of my three solos one last time before Joey convinced me to show Ethan and Grayson our brother sister dance that we made.

Joey did a couple of years of dance training too, so he kept an old pair of his tap shoes in the back of my studio.

He went to put those on, and then we turned on the song which was 'Counting Stars' by OneRepublic.

I was surprised because Joey still knew the whole routine, and it was so fun to have Joey dance along with me.

Ethan and Grayson were amazed at our brother-sister coordination.

"How are you guys not twins?" Grayson said.

I chuckled. "It's just that we know the routine well, Gray."

"Yeah. Emma's way too young to be my twin. I have a lot of life experiences that she doesn't yet." Joey said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Nothing, sis."

After that, we all decided to get some lunch at Chic Fil-A, and Ethan paid for my food like the stubbornly generous boyfriend that he is.

I tried to argue with him, but he wouldn't back down about it, so I gave in.

After lunch we went back to my apartment, and eventually all of our friends joined us for a get together.

We always tried to get the gang together at some point during the weekend, and even though we hung out yesterday, tonight is a small party for all of us.

We got our hands on some jungle juice, and a new episode of Saturday Night Live is airing at 11 tonight.

Ethan went to the kitchen to get both of us a drink, and when he got back there weren't any seats left, so I got up and he sat down before pulling me to sit on his lap.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I wrapped mine around his shoulders for balance, us both holding our drinks with our other hands.

"Thanks, for letting me steal your spot, Emmo."

"It's our spot now." I said, winking at him as I took a sip of my drink.

He just pecked me on the cheek before turning his attention to the tv.

All of us laughed at the show, and even made some of our own jokes about it, and it made for an entertaining night.

After I had one drink, I was already buzzed enough to where Ethan only gave me half the amount for my second one, and told me it was the last one.

I may have gotten Olivia to sneak me more, but Ethan ended up thinking it was funny that we did that.

Thank God he's nothing like Luke.

I cut myself off after a full third drink, and the show was over, so all of us sat in the living room and talked for a while, which produced a lot of laughs.

Maybe it was the alcohol talking, but I was entertaining myself by squishing Ethan's face with my hands.

That was the first time I've ever seen him annoyed by me.

"Emma, honey. I love you, but please stop squishing my face."

"Buuuuut youreeee soooo squishyyyy." I slurred.

"And you're so drunk." He mocked, taking my hands off of his face, and holding them in his.

I laughed. "Sooo areee youuuu. Youreeee jusst betterrrrr atttt hiiiiding itttt."

Ethan laughed. "Emma, Emma, Emma. You are something else, and I love you."

I sloppily pecked his lips. "I loveeeee youuuuu tooooooo."

Everyone continued to talk and laugh, and eventually everyone was gone except for me, Ethan, and Joey.

"Well." Joey said. "I'm going to bed now. You two have fun doing whatever drunk people your age do at this time on a Saturday night. Just try not to wake me up."

Well, I guess Joey doesn't care if Ethan stays over.

As soon as I heard the guest bedroom door shut, I smiled at Ethan.

I leaned towards his ear to whisper,

"Wanna do it in the kitchen?"

"Emma, are you trying to get us caught?"

"On the floor, under the table, on the counter. Wherever you want." I really was too drunk to care.

"No, Em. If we're gonna do it, we're doing it in your bed with the door locked."

"Fine." I said, getting up from his lap, and taking his hand. "Come on, we have some fun to have." I added, smiling at him as I started to walk towards my room with him in tow.

He smirked at me before picking me up and carrying me to my bed.

Once he put me down on the bed and locked the door, I was smiling like an idiot when he walked back towards me, and kissed me.

This was about to be so much fun—the other two times with Ethan were nothing but fun, because that's love.

Being in love is so much fun.