Second Fight

Soraru leaded Mafu to the backyard garden. The angel didn't understand at first, but then Soraru revealed a wooden door, hidden behind the thick vines that served as the garden's walls. Soraru twisted the knob and pushed it open, letting Mafu to enter first before him.

A grassy field stretched wide before Mafu, forming a perfect square. Several weapons were scattered on the edge of the field, concealed by bushes growing around, but Mafu's sharp eyes could see them clearly. Several trees stood around, turning down the sun to various beams of light. Mafu felt he was standing on a stage. 

"Wow, this field is perfect for a secret battle" said Mafu after he toured the place for a moment.

"Mm-hmm, I know" Soraru took off his crown and put it next to the door. He walked to the middle of the field and announced, "Now, Mafumafu, let's fight, shall we?"

Who would have thought I was this excited to challenge death itself ...

Mafu turned his body towards him. A devilish grin stretched wide on his pale face, the same grin that Soraru saw on the day of the battle, " Hai ~, hajimemashou , Soraru-sama ~"

Even without the help of his wings, Mafu's speed couldn't be underestimated. It was very difficult for Soraru to launch an attack at him, and all he could do was fend off. But at least his speed is not as sadistic at last time, or maybe I'm finished now,  Soraru thought.

As for Mafu himself, he was amazed at how strong Soraru could parry each of his attacks. No ordinary human would be tough enough to withstand a punch or kick from him. Plus, Soraru's defense was very sturdy. It felt like Mafu is punching an iron wall. Soraru-sama is indeed a special human being, Mafu mused inwardly.

Mafu took a sharp breath when Soraru's kick suddenly flew and managed to hit his stomach. The Angel of Death took one step back and panted, holding the attacked spot with one hand. Yabai ... Soraru-sama wa tsuyoi. Honto ni tsuyoi ...  I have never fought a human who could make me like this. He laughed satisfyingly. 

"Very good, Soraru-sama! As expected of you!"

Soraru was surprised when Mafu's speed increased. The King was having a difficult time to maintain his position. Once he wanted to attack, Mafu would definitely be able to avoid it and launch an attack at the same time. If his reflex didn't warn him, he would have finished since the beginning.

Kuso ... I can't lose ... I can't ...

If there was someone watching the fight they had now, surely they would shout at him to just surrender since winning from mythical creature as strong as Mafu is considered as almost impossible, but they were wrong. Soraru knew that there was something worse than losing if he was hit once by Mafu's attack--

"Ukh!" one kick successfully hit Soraru's chest. The King tried his best to stay upright after receiving the attack. He could feel his body temperature starting to lower, his cold sweat flowing and dripping to the grasses, and the rhythm of his breathing became faster and faster. This is bad ... I was caught off guard ...

"One hit and you're already breathing that shallow?" Mafu himself was confused. According to his calculations, the blow would only make his breathing ragged for a moment, but not to that extent. So what was happening ...?

Mafu's blood-red orbs widened to see a thin scratch from under Soraru's collar as the King's shirt slipped from his shoulder. His evil grin fell as he remembered the words of Luz and Araki hundreds of years ago.

"Mafu-kun, even though I know you are very strong, don't fight humans unless you have to. They can be destroyed if you fight with your power that is almost equivalent to the strength of 10 humans, you know. Even myself would think twice before I want to have a fight with you "

"Luz-kun is right. Especially those who have been injured by you or your scythe. Every attack you launch to them is a direct attack on their souls. In the end, they could die because you attacked their souls until they came out of their bodies. Do you understand? "

Soraru-sama received dozens of scars from my scythe that day ... His soul was no longer stable in his body ... Then my punch was ...

Mafu went frozen in place after his brain absorbed all the facts. He wanted to move, but he couldn't. His trembling legs seemed to have been glued to the grass underneath. He wanted to shout out to someone, but he knew nobody would hear him.

"Hahaha ... Looks like I lost to you, Mafumafu ..." Soraru raised his head, smiling weakly with blood flowing from his mouth, tainting the green grasses below with beautiful, thick droplets of red, "You are indeed strong .. . "

"SORARU-SAMA!!!"

It was only after Soraru collapsed, Mafu could feel his legs again. He ran to the King's limp body, kneeling by his side and lifted him up, letting his tears run down to Soraru's pale face.

"Wh- What have I done ..."

~~~

A/N : I'm lack of title names... Help me ;-;

Oh, maybe in this month, I won't update very often. Why? Because in this month I have something "important" to do every day so maybe I'll get too occupied by the "things" I should do. I'll try my best!

(I'm sorry for the awful fight scene www)

See you next time!