Second Meeting

Soraru fluttered his eyes open, and saw a familiar ceiling above him. He sat up slowly, realizing that he was on his bed, wearing fresh set of clothes. Turning his head to his side, there was the King's Guard, Shima, sleeping soundly on the chair next to the King's bed.

"He must have been looking for me when I'm unconscious..." feeling curious, he lifted his white shirt, and winced at the horrid amounts of cut wounds that graced his body. Those wounds still looked pink in colour, as if he just got them several minutes ago, and he knew they would always look like that.

After all, it was from the Angel of Death's infamous scythe.

Cursed iron that was taken from the depths of Dead Realm's fire ravine was forged by Araki the Demon King himself and was given to the Angel of Death, Mafumafu. Anyone who was scarred by the scythe, would have scars that last for life.

These scars... Would be part of me until death comes...

Soraru mused. Would these scars cause something bad in the future? He didn't know, he wasn't a seer. Even if he could ask the Royal's Mage, Sou, he felt seeing the future wasn't his rights.

Whatever, I'd better sleep, he thought. Soraru wore his shirt back and lied down on his bed. He reached out for a diamond-laced tiara on his nightstand and pecked the brightest diamond of it, before putting it back to its place.

"Oyasumi, okaa-san. Sora promise will tell everything tomorrow"

.

"Soraru-sama, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better, Shima-kun. Thank you"

The King's Guard stared at his King a little unsure, but he could only bow his head politely. He rose from his seat and took another clothes from the wardrobe, the light ones in precise so they wouldn't hurt his King's scarred skin. Soraru who just sat on the bed forced himself to stand up and approached Shima.

"You don't have to do that. You're my guard, not my personal butler. I will have you to train the new ones in the troops, and report to me at the end of the day. Do you understand?"

Shima put the clothes on the side of Soraru's bed and bowed his body to his King, "I understand, Soraru-sama" he stood up straight and smiled, "If you have complaints about the scars, don't be shy to call me, Sou-kun, or Sakatan"

"I understand. Dismiss"

After saluting to his King, the King's Guard turned around and exited the King's Chamber, closing the door behind him gently. Soraru let out a sigh and started to wear the clothes Shima had prepared for him.

"He's always like that since forever. Caring for others and bothers himself even for the tasks he didn't have to do" Soraru had a small monologue, but his smile widened up a little.

Soraru then stepped out from his chamber. His strides were halted when he saw the warm morning sun which usually greeted him the moment he exited his chamber was blocked by something. The shadow looked like a figure of someone though...

He turned his head, and gaped in disbelief. 

"What are you doing here?!"

"Chotto, you can see me?!"

The Angel of Death pointed at himself with an expression of equal shock just like the King. He, who was sitting cross-legged on the open window, hopped down and stood in front of Soraru, tilting his head to left and right. 

"Ehhh, you really can see me!"

"You honestly think I lied about that?"

"Well, who knows, right?" Mafu snickered and shrugged. His hand played with the scythe-shaped necklace around his neck, and the other one rested on his hip, "So? What will you do, Soraru-sama? Calling your loyal guard?"