32. I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU GUYS

It was over

It was over. It was all over. BTS were going to die, and I wouldn't be there to save them. It will all be my fault.

It was all over for all of us.

I sat at the table, staring into space as Jonghyun prepared the tea of Oblivion. He was saying something, but I was listening none of it.

My whole body felt numb and weak, as if I had run for centuries and never stopped to take a break. My palms were bruised from all the struggling, and my cheeks were sticky from the tears. My hairs were a tangled mess, the fringes sticking to my damp face. I breathed through my mouth, the air stinging my chapped and bruised lips.

I was a sight to behold.

"...and you will be surprised to hear when I tell you how much it was a hindrance.....are you even listening to what I'm saying?"

Jonghyun said, bringing me back to the reality. Jonghyun was still a big talker like he was, but there was no warmth in it. My heart ached with every single breath I took. Just thinking about BTS dying like that was enough to send my heart shattering.

Jonghyun stared at me for a few seconds, then sat down opposite me, the tray of tea in hand. He placed the tray down on the table, poured the liquid in a cup, and placed it infront of me.

"Drink this. This will help you forget everything of your this life, and help you reincarnate without any regret."

Reincarnate.

I didn't want to reincarnate. I wanted to stay behind and protect BTS, so that they wouldn't die and reincarnate in a life they didn't know each other.

Without any emotion in my words or voice, I turned to Jonghyun, finally excepting his presence in the room.

"Why did you do it?"

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. "Do what?"

"Take me away like that. You knew they needed me. You know they are going to die. Why take me when I was going to save them?" I shrieked, slamming my fist in the table. But Jonghyun didn't even flinch or take his eyes off me.

After a long awaited silence, Jonghyun sighed, looked up at the ceiling, and then back at me.

"If you really want to know, then I will tell you something."

He waited for me to say something, but I only stared at him. At last,

"Your boys won't die. At least not for now. If they would, I would have received their card, but I didn't. All the cards for every month comes in the last day of the previous month, and they only come to me. I haven't received a card on them, so they are not fated to die."

Jonghyn said and stared at me as the color in my face returned. My eyes grew wide and I finally made myself comfortable in the hard chair.

"So you mean, they...they won't die?"