13. STUCK IN BETWEEN

The walk to the under ground garage was a silent one

The walk to the under ground garage was a silent one. No one spoke, even though excitement was electrifying through them all.

None of them had any idea what just happened a while ago. Tae was scared to death, but my presence brought him to ease.

However I couldn't let that last long. I had to go to Ilsan police station. I needed to know who and why someone tried to kill me.

One by one, the member's got into their resignated cars. Before Tae got into his car, I stopped him in his track, trying to get his attention. 

"Hyung, I'm really really very sorry to say this, but I have to go somewhere. Something very important came up and it can't be delayed. I will be back right after it's done. I won't take that long. Okay?"

Tae's face turned tense as he read the paper. He shook his head desperately but I had no choice.

"Don't worry. I won't be a minute, I promise. I will be back as soon as I'm done. You won't even know I'm gone. And you have to be brave hyung. You have to be the way you always are. I know you are. Because I believe in you. And it's not like someone will try to interrupt at the dinner. It's going to be just fine. Okay?"

Tae didn't say anything but his face calmed a little, which meant he was trying to be brave. He nodded his head slowly and got into his car along with Namjoon.

Dusk had already fallen and stars were already peeping from the heavy curtains of clouds. I let out a soft sigh as I stared at the darkening sky. Building's were already lighting up as I sped my way to Ilsan.

Ilsan happened to be just as I had left it. Memories flooded into my head, starting with my days as a child and with days as a teen. Felt like a life time ago. I passed the street that led to my school.

Do my friends still remember me? Do they still talk of me?

I didn't know. I didn't want to know. I didn't want to be forgotten by the only people that loved me.

Unlike my family. I already knew my family didn't even give a damn about me. I bet if they even remembered moments with me, which we rarely had. 

Passing from street to streets, I ended up in a street that was the last street I ever crossed. The street that took my life. The street that made me who I am now.

I stared at the spot were my body lay six months ago, all cleaned and brand new. No memories of an accident, as if nothing ever happened.

Right. Like nothing ever happened.

I try to figure out what had happened that day. 

I was crossing the street in haste. I barely looked at my sides. There was a flash of light. A flash from the lights of a car.

A car.

That was it. It was a car.

The driver of the car tried to kill me and so succeeded.