Epilogue

1 YEAR LATER

Working as a slave in a factory was all over. The past of torture had gone and finally, the beam of lightness had made its way to us . We both had got jobs as working in Maria's house. I took care of the garden and William cleaned the floors of every room. As always, Mr and Mrs Evans didn't treat us like slaves as Phillip did. They gave us a high amount of wage, gave us excessive amount of drink/food and we only had to work for no more than two hours. I visited William frequently since he was living alone in the house and I'm sure he'd love his best friend's company and would never want to leave his parent's house. If he did, that'll just indicate to me that they never mattered to him . Last year, we had visited Joey's parents and showed them the letter. Their reactions were quite strong, his Mother cried and his Father was fierce with anger, but they thanked us for being such a pure heart of a friend to Joey. They were excessively proud of us. They also once visited Phillip in jail and punished him severely for what heavy sins he did, especially with the workers, us and with Joey. Phillip deserved what he got. Mr Evans had enough money to construct high-class houses for the former workers too for their families to also live in too. William and I though just remained in our old houses as it had our childhood memories in it. That was how much Mr Evans was a pure gentleman, along with Maria and Mrs Evans. A solution to all our concerns was successful and from now on, there was no evil that tormented us. Ever.

****

We both were held in torture for a few years but we both had learnt something: that one of the most important things we must to in life is to accept things whether if they're negative or positive. We had to accept to be living in a world of poverty, to be working hard like slaves for hours, getting treated brutally and getting punished severely. We both had courage, patience and optimism in order to save our young lives from the dark wilderness. The torture we all got was vastly cruel and cumbersome for us to cope and in order to escape from all this, we became one thing that changed our lives forever; The Runaways.