Chapter 8. William's POV

His voice was probably too weak to stop me. Well good for him, because I don't need to listen to his pity little apology, and I'm not willing to forgive him. My mind has been crazed with so much sorrow and tragedy. I couldn't stop believing that it was James who killed my parents. My beloved parents! Though it was morning, I was trying to get to sleep on my bed, but it wasn't helping. All thanks to James. How will I love without my parents now? How will I cope with my emotions? I'll live alone now? The Ambulance came when I left to see James. I didn't want to see my parents' bodies and their death. Nothing could save them and nothing helped. The Doctors couldn't save them; they told me while I just ran out from James' house. The moment when I had seen a thick knife and the dark red blood on his hands, he was was caught! I had got him and after that, I felt the pain and agony inside me and broke the friendship. He doesn't deserve me anymore, and shall never. We've gone our own separate ways now. How dare he sinned? Sinning is a threat! He deserves to get a hiding! We can't let murderers roaming around freely! They should get punished.

Slowly, I tried closing my eyes. The pain and agony was still bombarding me, but I tried my very best to try and get some rest. I need to try and stay strong. I'm not a baby anymore, and so, I can live for my parents! I don't want to kill myself, because I must live for them. I shouldn't let myself down!

****

I walked down to Maria's house, because I I had something to tell her and the family. I remembered where here house was and the directions to it. Glad I did, because I didn't want myself to wait for her, till she arrived at my house.

Minutes later, I had arrived at her house. The garden was stunning, with so many dandelions and other colourful flowers that were varied.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. It was Maria that opened the door and she looked pleased to see me, but a bit concerned at the same time, because a few years started streaming down my face.

"William, are you ok?" Maria asked me still concerned and her eyebrows lowered down a bit.

"Maria, I ha-ave to t-tell y-you some-e-thing", I stuttered awfully and my voice sounded weak.

"What is it? I hope it isn't too bad", Maria replied. "Please, do come inside the house; it feels strange out here talking to you".

"Ok", I responded and headed inside the house. Maria shut the door behind her and lead me into the lounge room where the four mid-sized were white and softy patterned and the carpet was stunningly ruby red. The lounge room was quite large and the walks looked as if they just got painted; they were cream-coloured with a hint of tan mixed.

"Please sit down, William. Make yourself home", Maria said and I sat down on the sofa. Wow, they sure were comfortable and soothing. I had my eyes fixed at Maria and she was a few centimetres away, because they sofa she was sitting at was quite near mine.

"Where are your parents?" I asked.

"Oh, they're sleeping", Maria responded.

"Right. So, I was gonna say something to you. I hope I'm strong enough to say it", I said shakily.

"Hopefully. What's the matter?" ,Maria asked me anxiously.

I told her everything how in the morning, about the evidence, that James killed my parents and that I told her that our friendship ended. I told her how James was trying to act sympathetic and innocent, but I didn't trust him or believe him.

Maria's eyes widened as if she just saw an explosion. Her mouth dropped down into a bigger shape of an O. Her eyes started to fill with tears and looked as if they were about to explode like a flood. Her face turned slightly pale and the shock and puzzlement on her face was clear. Her body was shaking as if she had just come out from a chilly weather.