James' POV

1 YEAR LATER...

JAMES' POV

It had been one year without the friendship of William. My words couldn't quite describe how tormenting this was. I think it was as worse as working in a dull and harsh factory, especially with a supervisor like Phillip roaming inside it. Life had gotten worse as far as I knew. The Luddites had destroyed life more. Them turning against The Industrial Revolution and even destroying some of the technology had gotten on my nerves. I'd rather live in The Industrial Revolution with no technology getting destroyed, than putting up with a bunch of annoying Luddites,trying to protest against the Revolution. The Luddites had gotten worse as years had passed by. I never wanted any if this to occur. It's an outrage!

Last year when Mother and Father found out that I had a knife and blood on my hands, they were utterly shocked at first, but it told them the truth and what had happened to mine and William's friendship and him not believing me. Of course, parents would understand their child's honesty, and so, they believed me. They tried cheering me up and to stay strong, but if couldn't help it. Without William, no matter how bigger our fight gets, I still think he's my friend; at least in my head.

"James dear, you ok?" Father asked me nicely and walked inside my room, and sat next to me on the bed. He gazed into my eyes when I looked at him. I felt my eyes had some years filled inside them. I couldn't be bothered wiping them away.

"Society has gotten worse now. The Luddites, broken friendship etc", I said softly and shakily.

"It has and I agree. The Luddites were destroying mechanical machines the last time I saw them", Father told me honestly.

"But the one thing that has constantly hurt me is broken friendship. I can't live without it!" I wailed and tears started streaming down my face.

Father bought me closer to him and I leaned my head against his.

"Oh, I understand what occurred and we definitely believe you. Whoever killed his parents was a loser! Why did that person do it? Surely William's parents were pure innocent", Father said.

"They were innocent, and so am I!" I wailed, again.

"You are, son. Don't worry, your Mother and I believe and will always !" Father said. "By the way, you haven't talked to Maria for a while, have you?" Father asked eagerly.

"Because of the dreadful things that have been occurring, I haven't been getting a chance to visit her. Haven't told her that it wasn't me that killed them. I hope she will believe me", I responded with hope and crossed my fingers for luck.

"I'm sure she will believe you! She knows you're innocent and she's your friend", Father said.

"But William was my friend and didn't believe me!' I cried out painfully.

"Well, I guess Maria is a girl and girls I think trust people easily", Father replied.

"I guess, if that's a stereotype", I said.

"I think William didn't believe you, because of so much grief and solace, he had too much his mind on his parents and might've not got the chance to forgive or to believe you", Father said sounding intellectual.

I stopped my head on his and directly fixed my eyes into his. I thought what he said was true. Sometimes, when a person is suffering grief, the person maybe doesn't get the chance to pay attention to one another. Father may be correct.

"I think what you're saying is correct", I agreed and gave him a perpetual smile.

"My Aunt said that to me when I was little. My best friend once ignored and didn't believe me that, because he thought I stole his ball of wool. At that time, he had lost his Father and he was deeply saddened. A few days later, he believed me that I didn't steal his ball of wool", Father spoke. "Sometimes, having too much on your mind can distract a person".