Chapter 10. William's POV

I was alone eating breakfast in my room, because I couldn't be bothered eating it in the kitchen. At one point, the kitchen seems so dim, because whenever my parents always use to be in there, there was lightness and no darkness. Father use to prepare meals for me too and it was a delightful moment. Always was.

There was a sudden knock on the door. I had just finished drinking the milk. I jumped off my bed and rushed towards the front door to see who it may be. It better not be Phillip. If it would be, I'd just slam the door in his face and try to escape the danger. I took a deep breathe once I was near the door and opened it slowly and saw it was Maria smiling gracefully. I smiled back and waved at her. She waved back. Her eyes widened when she saw me after what had happened when the guards took me away. She cupped her hands onto her mouth and was astonished to see me.

"William! You're back?!" She eagerly asked.

"Yeah. I escaped and actually one of the guards helped me. He betrayed Phillip!" I said.

Maria took her hands off her mouth and looked vastly joyful.

"Wow! That's absolutely great news! I was getting so worried for you and even Mother and Father too", Maria joyfully said.

"So why did you come here then?" I asked.

"I came here because I actually saw you through your bedroom window when I was walking outside of your house and then that's when I came here and became so happy that you were fine", Maria spoke.

"Wow, lucky you!" I spoke enthusiastically.

"Are you ok?" Maria asked.

"I'm fine now, but not when Phillip locked me up in his prison cell because I refused to work", I said shakily.

"That's harsh, once again Phillip is so mean!" Maria said.

"Even when he's blind", I added and my voice trembled.

Maria's eyes suddenly widened and her eyebrows lowered down in puzzlement. She pursed her lips and still looked rather confused. This sure is some story I have to tell her.

"Blind you say?" She anxiously asked.

"I have so much to say to you", I spoke and deeply sighed.

"Ah, right! So by the way, did I disturb you?" She asked anxiously and was playing around with her shiny hair.

"No! Not at all! I wasn't disturbed. And plesse do come in!" I insisted nicely and moved away of the doorway so she could come in. "After all, I finished eating my breakfast".

"That's good you're eating, unlike some depressed people don't", Maria said.

"It's thanks to you that you lend me money to buy my needs", I said smiling.

Maria walked inside the house quickly. I walked inside too and shut the door behind us. She was looking around the house and was looking astonished and her eyes were widening.

"Wow! This is a great house for your standard!" She said in a high-pitched voice.

"Thanks, Maria! I guess it is. I'm happy the way I'm living now. Before I wasn't use to it, but now I am", I spoke.

"That's great! At first when I moved to my house, I was scared of it because it was so massive and I felt scared, but as time passed, I got use to it", Maria said.

"Come in my room and let's chat there!" I insisted and lead her the way.

I marched quickly towards my room and looked back to see if Maria was following. She was and was looking excited.