Chapter 17. William's POV

William's POV

Chapter 17.

Joey's death was unbearable and none of us could stand it, especially James. The teardrops of misery still hadn't wore off, but it hadn't even been a day since Joey's death. Only like an hour now.

We all were still at Joey's grave, sitting down cross-legged in dead silence, remembering Joey and praying. Maria's eyes were glistening with tears as her eye was gazing at Joey's grave full of colourful and lively flower of different kinds.

"He's in peace, Maria. It'll be ok", I said, trying to cheer her and I put my hand on her shoulder. We then ended up hugging each other.

There was a grey stone tablet on his grave which said the following:

"Joey, a loving son of Mr and Mrs McKinnon and friend of William Everett and James Marshall. May The Lord be your Shepard. Rest In Peace. Goodnight".

There was an image of a cross carved and flowers carved that were standing tall in harmony.

"Was Joey trying to get the things you both made?" Mrs Evans asked.

I cleared my throat to speak.

"Not quite actually".

James, whose eyes were red and microscopic from crying suddenly gazed at me, seeming a little puzzled by what I said.

"What do you mean though? He was, wasn't he?"

"No. There was a knife hiding within those things and he probably tried to throw that at Phillip or something. Though it looked also that he wanted to collect our things too".

"A knife?" Maria questioned and wiped off her tears and sniffled. "Was he eyeing the knife or something?"

"It was shining, so it's evident. He was eyeing it", I replied, trying to make the truth sound evident.

"Hmm, you sound correct then", Mr Evans said.

"Well, let's just stop with the mystery solving now. We've solved enough mysteries. All' solved now, the important ones", James said, still weeping, but was easing down a little.

"You're correct. What's done is done and we need to ease ourselves down and the enemy has gone", Maria said.

"I'm glad he's dead. He deserved it", I said.

"He sure did. We never really liked him", One of Phillip's guards said.

We all then smiled at each other and stared at Joey's grave, remembering his presence and the innocence he had, during his harsh times he told us when he was a factory worker. The breeze was crisp and refreshing that eased our minds and hearts off. I slowly closed my eyes and had my hand touching his unforgettable grave.

****

"Where are you going, William?" James asked me as we were outside my front yard during nighttime, where it was a twinkling, starry night, with the sky utterly dark and the cricket's chirping as if they were sining a harmonious melody.

"To the factory", I instantly replied as I turned to him and smiled.

"Need something from there?"

"Well, yeah".

"What though?"

"You'll see when we get there".

"Well, at least going to the factory won't be petrifying like before. We can easily walk through there by closing our eyes with our hands tied back".