Chapter 11. James' POV

Being at Joey's house was decent from the way he said it would be like, though it was in poor conditions. The house was crammed with their belongings , it was small and made out of simple wood and the house was shaped like a square. The rusty roof looked as if it will collapse easily. Joey had a nice personality, nice as William's, but only if William forgave me and reunited with me, things will make a difference and he'll be like Joey. I felt comforted though when William escaped. I'm sure if he's made it home, he'll be safe. One of the guards must've known him to help him out.

"Hey, James, would you like to walk around? Nothing special to do at my house", Joey said smiling.

"Sure, no problem at all", I responded and followed him outside of the house. We walked slowly and chatted at the same time while we were walking around.

"The breeze is fresh", Joey said titling his head up towards the dark blue sky with a few stars glittering like precious diamonds. It was becoming a starry night, around 6PM. The breeze was easing down and the aroma of the breeze was as sweet as jasmine flowers, though there weren't any here.

"Sure is. I remember before I worked, me and my Mother use to tilt our heads up into the sky and feel the fresh air to ease down", I said with a deep sigh. Those were such great times, before Phillip's cruelty and the factory's disgrace. I pushed my sweaty hair away from my face and sighed again.

"Ah, really? That's great", Joey responded. "I'm still concerned-"

"At mine and William's friendship breakup?" I interrupted.

"Yeah. I hope I'm not taking over or anything because I'm being your friend now", Joey said sounding concerned.

"No, no! Not at all. He won't mind because we're not even friends", I spoke gently.

"I see what you mean", Joey said. "And I have soothing to tell you", Joey slowly spoke as if it was something serious he had to say.

"What is it?" I asked with great concern.

"Before you came to my house, I heard from someone outside that someone got shot in the shoulder. I think you know this person, but I think it were her friend that was loudly screaming out her name in misery because of what happened", Joey said sounding concerned.

For a few moments, I didn't speak. Though I don't know who got shot on the shoulder, I was still thinking who it might've been. I hope it wasn't William.

"Who is it?" I asked sounding concerned.

"Maria or something like that", Joey spoke.

The name "Maria" echoed everywhere in my mind and in my ears. My heart instantly sank like a boat sinking and it started beating utterly quickly. My face felt as cold as ice and I felt a few tears steam down my cheeks like light precipitation.

"What?" I weakly said and my voice sounded cracked. I almost fell hard in my knees, but Joey saved me. His hands were sinking into my left arm. I then got a hold on myself in the best possible way and helped myself up slowly like a sloth.

"Look, it's ok-ka-ay. Don't worry. Every-y-th-hing will be f-fi-ine", Joey stuttered.

"I ca-an't h-help i-it-t", I stuttered badly.

"I'll take you to the hospital so you can see her. I believe she's at Vincent Hospital. Isn't that near your house?" Joey asked nicely.

"Yeah, let's go there", I slowly and weakly responded.

"Come on, James. Let's go. Don't worry. I bet she's recovered", Joey kindly said trying to cheer my up.

"So William must be at Vincent Hospital?" I asked.