Hennessy Hayes

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Going down the line," Max's voice rang out," We will present the job offers to you based off the ranks from yesterday as you should be aware – leadership is not an option this year. Anyone number fourteen and bellow will automatically be on the fence however you still need an apartment."

Eric stood on the balcony in the middle of the other five leaders up there, his eyes scanning the line of new members.
" Charlie." Max's voiced echoed." Security, intelligence or head of the petrol."
He shrugged," Security."
Max nodded," Ok. Harry – Intelligence, Head of Petrol or Chief."
"I'll take patrol I think." Harry shrugged," I can't cook for shit."
Max almost smiled as he turned to Maddie," Intelligence or chief?"
"Intelligence."
"Next." Max looked to Bran," What do you want to do? You're not in the top three so all high ranks jobs are taken so you have the option at anything."
"Compound security."
Nodding his head, Max looked at me after," What do you want?"
"Tattooist and if possible, Initiation trainer."
Max nodded," That can be arranged."

Maisie became a chief.
Angel wanted to be a mixologist and a trainer with me.
Ronnie was recruited to be a Doctor.
Thomas started his job in city surveillance on Monday.
Ambrose wanted to be a physical education teacher at the school to everyone's surprise.
Jasmine started her job at the childcare centre.
Alice became a Nurse.
Jake became part of the city patrol.

"Our next issue is living arrangements which had been previously given out before rankings due to a lack of space in the compound – if you want to share a flat than it has to be spoken here. There can be up to four to a flat – the way it works is thus – 123, for example, tells us it's a one-bedroom flat and its number 23 – however because you are starting out, we can only have 3 in an apartment at once, not only that if you are planning on sharing they have to be two ranks between you – anything more than that and we can't condone that." The women spoke up.

She was older than Eric but younger than Max – she had shaved the side of her head with a large tattoo that taking up space. Her left eyebrow was pierced twice as well as two dermal anchors between her breasts.
"When I call your name – take your keys and get out, if you want to share then say with who then move on."

"Charlie – Apartment number 267."
"I have a share request with Harry and Bran." He spoke up.
The lady nodded," Are you boys ok with this.
Harry glanced over at the three of us, we shrugged – knowing that living with three girls wasn't any one version of a good idea.
"Apartment 347 the three of you, go." She yelled, moving on to Maddie," Apartment 290."
Maddie nodded, her brother had just moved in with his friends and I had a feeling she was close with Alice – however, she was too low down for the two of them to share.
"You." She stood in front of me with her clipboard," Apartment 239."
"I have a share request with Ronnie and Angel."
The leader nodded," Fine, the three of you Flat 312."

Pulling them from the line up – I picked up the key. It was square at the bow then several jagged cuts of the blade. Hooked through the hole was a metal disk with the room number engraved on one side.
Turning it in my hand a couple of times, I put it into my back pocket for safekeeping.
"So we are in apartment 312 – what do we do now? Like do we give our trainers gifts like in school? Did Eric leave any hints about the etiquette of passing initiation?" Ronnie asked as she lifted her new key in the air.
I shrugged," Go ask him, maybe bring a casserole."
"No one died." Angel pointed out," You only give someone casserole if someone has died."
"Who even likes casserole?" I asked as we walked back through the halls.
"I do." Harry pointed out as he pushed himself off the wall by the initiates dorm.
Pushing the door open to the initiates dorm to pack what we had, we all had less that one moving box.
As we went up two floors, we hugged Ronnie and Angel good-bye as we continued down the hall to our new place of residence.