chptr 19: the darkness

Umbra had been in pain. He did not understand why it was suddenly flaring up like this. He wondered around, he had been accepted back in this place, he got to know the baby, and he forgave Encre....what more was there that needed to be done to save himself from the tirany of his own demons? Well, demon. He only had one...for now...but he needed to know...what could he do?

He looked into a mirror...and saw...him.....

Macabre.

A monster, a demon. It was awful. His body covered in sludge that was forever always dripping, staining the floors with his footsteps....his bones as black as night. He was missing an eye but it did not render him a blind man...his one eye that did work, a bright icey cold blue that pierced the dark like a knife. It instilled fear into all around. He gave that feeling of fear. He was fear.

Umbra gave a heavy sigh and he leaned his head against the glass, Macabre knocking and grinning, thinking, planning, scheming, how he could remove Umbra....and take his place....he wanted the world for himself, to rule it, to conquer it....but now with Umbra's new found feelings towards the princess, feelings that would only grow as she aged....he became weaker, and was pushed further away from escaping successfully.....

Umbra grinned, "a little soft today arent'cha?" He asked with a sneer, Macabre snarling in return, 'shut up! You and your feelings for that THING!' "She is not a thing! She is merely a baby and I have no feelings towards her...just.....imprinted on her, thats all" Umbra sighed.

Macabre stared, at first in disbelief, before the sweet silence was shattered in a mere moment as he began laughing like a madman, Umbra jumping back in surprise "and what is so funny?! Speak my demon! What do you find to be so funny, you see reason, fit to laugh in my face?!" Umbra questioned, sounding mad to those who could not hear Macabre, as he was merely part of Umbra's imagination. "You! Imprinting on a half blood!". "She is not a half blood, she is a quarter blood! Encre was not pregnant with her as a mortal!" "Even still, she is a half blood in our eyes...we despise he-" macabre was then cut off by Umbra, "no YOU despise her! Because she is what now prevents your escape!!!".

The two had argued back and forth, until a maid had knocked on the door, peaking her head in, "sir? Are you ok?" It was Fibi, the adorable short maid, and one of Fallacies best, also known as Carlos' significant other~. She wore a look of concern upon her pretty little face, Carlos stood right behind her, looking impatient as he stared at Fibi from behind. "Huh? Oh yes...I'm alright um....just uh.....reading a good book!" He exclaimed ratger quickly...too quickly...holding up a book.

Fibi shrugs and smiles, before disappearing again, returning to Carlos.

Suave tended to Jasper, giving him all the attention he needed, while mainting his work all at once. "How do you feel Jasper?" He asked softly, kissing him on the head, Jasper smiled happily, rubbing his stomach as he looked to check on the soul, "I am fine Suave, there is nothing to worry about", Jasper reassured him, smiling. It was then that Umbra entered the room, pulling Suave aside, ripping him away from Jasper. "Suave I must speak with you..." he said rushed, not even giving Suave a chance to refuse or accept.

"What do you want?" Suave snarled, not being a fan of Umbra, he hated the man if anything. "Look I....I'm not here to fight, I swear, I just wish to speak with you.....you know of my...problem yes?" "You mean Maca-" Suave was cut off, Umbra bringing his hand to his mouth as he hushed him "shhhh! Do not say his name! I just need to know something.....how do you control it?" Umbra asked, Suave pursed his 'lips' as he looked on in astonishment from Umbra's question...."you...know?" Suave asked, worried for what this may bring him, "of course I know! How could I not?! I can see it in your eyes! But....how do you control it?" He repeated, hands firmly placed on Suave's shoulders.

Suave thought carefully on what he should say next to Umbra, and how he should say it, before sighing, "I can't...I just...follow the flow" "the flow? What on earth does that mean?!" Umbra queered, ratherly loudky and impatiently, flailing his arms. "It means....I let what emotions I feel do the work...I don't try to control it, I just let it do what it wants. Only when it wants to come out, I fight it, I don't want to hurt anyone...I hold it off as long as I can, run to a secluded spot...and...let my anger and frustrations out....".

Umbra thought on these words. He never thought it to be so simple...yet..it was...he was surprised..... "really? It is that simple?" He asked and Suave shrugs "well yes....for me at least....you need to find something that will balance you out..." he explained, softening his tone towards Umbra. He understood how he felt, and now he felt sorry for Umbra. "I will help you Umbra...just because I pity you....but I will help you..." Suave then placed a gentle hand on Umbra's back. "Thank you Suave....I guess?" Umbra tilted his head, unsure if he should take it well or not. He just went with it, and accepted the help being offered, and hugs Suave. People that passed by gasped, surprised by the sudden act of affection and gratitude from Umbra. "Thank you...so much....." he whispered, grateful for the help.

Suave awkwardly pet his back, smiling as he then took a step away from Umbra "don't mention it...we start tomorrow however ok?" Umbra nodded vigorously, ne wanted so badly to regain control of his mind and body, and yawned softly. "Ok...I'm going to get some sleep for now...thank you so much...again" "you're welcome....take it easy though ok?" "Right....".

Umbra left, feeling more at ease now as he got back to his room. He slept easy that night knowing now that he'd get the needed help.