8 | loving you is the antidote

based on the following prompts:

17: mmm... you're warm

18: you're so cute when you're sleepy like this

19: I've had a rough day and honestly all I want right now is a hot drink and someone to cuddle with

"And up next ladies and gentlemen is a very special guest, she's starring in Golden - hailing from India and known over the world is a critically acclaimed actress with awards lining up longer than the line of fans waiting to see her, and let me just tell you that line wrapped around the block!" James Corden jokes. The audience goes wild as he announces her name and she walks out onstage, the cheers nearly deafening as she crosses the room, all smiles and poise in her red bottoms, taking a seat opposite the host's desk.

"Can I just say something we start, you were the most requested guest on the show after BTS, and there was a damn near riot for the last two days for people who wanted to catch a seat here!" He exclaims motioning to the audience and a faint blush rises to your cheeks at the attention of the audience cheering and hooting for you again.

"Hey, can't compete with BTS!" She grinned back at him, "I don't know if everyone knew this already, but I love those guys! They're taking over the world aren't they? And, can I just say something, too? I've loved the Late Late Show since the first time One Direction were invited as guests and that was a long time ago..."

"Wow, a fan is amongst us, that's so nice to know! But enough about bands, let's talk acting," He moves to hold up a poster of her upcoming film, the sole reason for her to be on the show, "Golden comes out in just a few weeks, and from what we've seen so far it's going to be everyone's new favourite romcom very soon! Tell us a bit about the film!"

"I'm so excited, I can't put it into words - Golden was like, the movie of my dreams, it was a story that I always wanted to see on a screen but playing a part in a movie like that was really just unbelievable," she dishes out, filled to the brim with love for her upcoming project, "It's a story about new love, the whole process of falling for someone and the new feelings that come with it and how different people address it differently, I think there's something everyone can take away something from it - there's something for everyone."

"You said it was your dream project! Really?"

"Yes it was! I think when it comes to love stories we tend to see most things in black and white, but it's high time we told stories that address the grey areas, too, you know? Like there's going to be insecurities, there's going to be doubts and second thoughts but whoever you're in love with, you need to fight through problems and you'll only come out stronger. A great love story isn't the one where things get hard and fall into place immediately after, it's the one that's seen it all, it's the one that's worn in and still stands as it was the day it started - so I think it was a really important project for all of us to be part of," she replies sincerely, nothing but pure honesty and now a little coyness dripping from her words, "And I hope it's an important film for you, too," she shyly looks over to the audience, which, listening intently so far, now responds with more hooting and clapping.

"Is there anything from your personal life that made you feel closer to your character? I mean we all do have doubts here and there but I don't think someone as like you would have to go through that" He adds, and while she knows this is just to butter her up the crowd's reactions are varying affirmatives. When James sees her shake her head in disagreement he quickly speaks up, "It's literally impossible, I mean, you've been titled most desirable woman in Europe and you're not even European!" He's exasperated in a way she's seen before, but only through her television screen. A light spark is felt in her chest when she realises that this may only be one late night show of many, but she's finally ticking off her childhood dreams.