7 | your boyfriend is...(part two)

He sees white.

There's white sand, he thinks it's sand, and curtains billowing over it. He sees a large wooden cabana, steps leading up to it, the steps are white, the pillars are white. He hears the sound of water somewhere.

Turning around, he sees waves crashing into the sand, can water be white? The sunset is almost as beautiful as the day he saw her the first time, splatters of pink and violet and orange. The sky is the only pop of colour he thought he needed.

There's a carpet leading up to the cabana, white, of course, and large vases lined along it, there are white flowers - petunia, daisy, wisteria, large streams of flowers hanging from the ceiling of the cabana. He sees his friends dressed in white suits, his dad in a white tux, too and he smiles thinking of how perfect it all looks. His mother stands with her mother, both wearing white flowers in their hair, it looks beautiful on them. A hand touches his back, and he knows it's her.

He turns around to take her in his arms, he could look at her forever. Glowing, flushed and smiling up at him. He leans down to kiss her but she pulls away, "Wake up, baby."

"Huh?"

"Wake up, Shawn it's 9 and you have to be in the studio in an hour."

He sees white again, but this time it's the comforter wrapped around him, it's her silk dress shirt and the headband she chose for the day, it's her laptop case she is currently packing away and the large photo frame behind her, holding a photo of theirs.

"What?"

"Wow, you did sleep well, huh? It's Tuesday, babe you need to be at the studio at 10 and you asked me to wake you up before I leave."

He checks for the rings on her hands, just the set of gold bands she always wore. Huh. She must've taken off the ones he gave her.

"I don't know what time I'll be back today so please don't forget your keys, actually you know what I'll just," she links his house keys with his car keys, "there, now you won't forget it."

Pleased with herself she walks over to him again, she kisses him lightly on the cheek, mindful of the deep marsala shade of lipstick she is wearing, "I love you, have the best day at work," she pulls away smiling.

"Babe, where's your ring?"

She looks at him in confusion - "What ring?"

"You know, the ring?"

She looks down at her hands in confusion - what ring? Oh, wait, he's probably asking about my mom's ring, she thinks to herself. What a thoughtful boy.

"Oh, that's tucked away in our closet, don't worry. I gotta leave now, bye bubs!"

And she's gone. It looked like a flash of white, his mind still hazy. Was it because he got high before sleeping last night? That couldn't be it, right?

He sighs while moving sluggishly to sit up, rubbing his eyes and willing the sleep to go away. He slept for over 10 hours and still felt exhausted, it worried him to think about what it would be like when he they actually get down to planning the wedding - god forbid that coincides with planning for his tour. How would he do it all? It seemed impossible, he should've proposed a long, long time ago, should've done it as soon as the last tour got over, no wait he should have proposed in the middle of his tour, and got married as soon as tour got over. Then they would already be married right now and she would wear the ring all the time. He's just stupid thats all he is, really.

He pulls himself over the side of the bed, laying his feet into the plush white, faux fur carpet she insisted on getting when they moved in. The carpet was one of the better decisions she had made and he silently thanked her each time he walked over it. We should have carpets like this at the wedding.