6 | send noods (part two)

Shawn silently shuts the door to her room after making sure she's safely fallen asleep, well fed and high on "wormies" (Stomach worm medicines. Zahra Ameen shortens things as she likes to, and you are expected to accept that.) He hadn't bothered a lot with his phone since he got here, so when he pulls out his phone to finally check it, he's not surprised to see the flood of notifications. The only people who really needed to know where he was were his mom, Zahra, and Zachary, his roommate. "Zach" for short, "whiteboy supreme" for Zahra.

His fingers danced across the screen typing back replies to each of his project partners for their assignments due in the following weeks. She really couldn't have chosen a worse time to fall sick because their mid terms were around the corner, a truck load of assignments lined up for both of them, and he's thinking of ways he can probably do some of her stuff so she has lesser work to get back to when she recovers. Recovers, he thinks to himself as his mom's words ring through his head. "She has a bug, baby, she's not diseased, and she's a strong girl and I need you to be a strong boy right now." He silently huffs to himself because what does his mom know anyway? (everything.) He decides to quickly dash out and grab his laptop and notes over to her room so he can stay with her and work at the same time.

He shoots her roommate a text about going back to his dorm and runs out. Back in their room, Zach silently watches Shawn pack his things like he's preparing for exile. His laptop, chargers, notes for 3 different courses, his nighttime face cream, a towel, a power bank, a sanitiser is tossed in and he's pretty sure he sees a his family photo thrown in somewhere.

"Got everything you need, Shawnie?" Zach walks over and throws his arms around him from the back, clutching him tight. "I'm going to miss you so much."

Shawn lets out a yelp as Zach becomes dead weight on him, forcing him to fall face first onto the bed, both now laying flat on what once was a pile of Shawn's belongings. "Zach you know I can't pack with you playing dead ON me, right? Move, jackass."

Zach rolls over, propping his head up on one hand and continues to observe him, "you know I've noticed a few things about you, these days, Shawnie. And in my expert opinion I would like to diagnose you with a serious case of unrequited love, the subject in case being a girl currently diseased and lying in her bed high on wormies while you pack to move in with her-"

"I'm not moving in with her-"

"Interrupting is bad manners, you know? As I was saying, you are packing to move in with her, and I highly doubt she feels the exact same way about you, bro."

"Okay, Zach. Get to the point, what do you mean, here?"

"See, I just don't see her doing the same for you! If it weren't for her staying over with you for your regularly scheduled, uh, activities, I would say that she wouldn't come over at all! It's always you going to her! Don't you see that? It's one sided!"

Shawn was still staring at him with a blank expression, still not sure where this whole conversation was going. "Zach, I need you to try and make more sense. I know it's hard, but please."

"Shawn, Zahra only has to breathe in your direction for you to be all heart eyes for her, like someone just says her name and you start blushing," and unfortunately for him, he did start blushing again, "SEE? Shawn, full offense, I think you're whipped trash and she's just - not. I don't think she feels as much as you do, and it's really cute that you want to wait hand and foot on her, but it's not reciprocated!"

Shawn looks away, unsure of how to tell him that it is, in fact reciprocated. They had talked their feelings out when they went home for winter break, made love till they couldn't anymore and then talked some more and fucked some more. It was taken care of, Zahra Ameen was in love with him, too and they weren't even dating yet.