4 | midnight & you

prompt list:
2: It's too cold come back
3: No I'm not letting you go it's too early to get out of bed

He tried being quiet, he really did, but there's only so much he can do when he's trying to haul three guitars into his apartment along with the four bags of luggage. His security offered help and so did the people at the desk but he's a big boy and can handle his own weight (for real, though, he hated the idea of having to bother someone with his stuff this late). His team must all be reaching their homes now, too, he thought. Someone had babies to go home to, someone had their fiancé, someone had a whole nursery of plants to look after, and him, a girlfriend.

A girlfriend that particularly loved this part of the night, in the odd case that she was actually awake to see it. Some people have real jobs that require a full night's sleep, Shawnie, she would joke with him then immediately feel horrible about herself and remind him that his job was also extremely real, as if he'd ever take offence to anything she said. As he pulled in the last bag he nearly tripped over a pair of her shoes she left by the door and he broke out a smile without realising. Weeks on tour by himself somehow teach him to exist by himself but when he is home, it's their space, the fact that he gets to share it with her is proof of his skills of finding good things and good people and never letting them go. Still smiling he made his way into the kitchen after taking his shoes off to grab both their bottles of water, metal, of course, because she was making little changes to both their lives to help save the planet, and made his way towards their room.

The bedside lamp was on, that much he knew even before opening the door. she was cuddled into his side of the bed in his blanket - that was her way of holding on to him while he was away. Hair mussed up and cheeks a ruddy colour, he was convinced she was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen, and the feeling of finally being home was taking over his heart and mind. He saw the blinds of the windows pulled wide open to have the moonlight filter into the room even though the lamp put it out. Without a sound he placed their bottles on his side and moved to brush some of her hair out of her face.

When she made no measure to move, he sat down on the little gap beside her on the edge of the bed and started peppering kisses down her temple and cheeks.
"Wake up, doll, I'm home."

She must be in deeper sleep than he thought and he almost felt bad for waking her up. Almost. He continued to sprinkle more kisses till he sensed a change in her breathing and she moved a bit to make more space for him. Still not opening her eyes she smiled softly, nuzzling into the hand that kept brushing her hair back.

"You're home?"

"Yeah, I am," he grinned, finally pecking her lips, once, twice. "Are you going to wake up for me?" He got his answer when she whined lightly and moved to bury her face into his pillow. "Please? I missed you so much I just wanna see you properly," he mumbled but she didn't care. Sleep over everything, always, she'd tell him.

"So I guess you don't want to see the sky either then?" He pulls away making sure she knows he's up and walking away.

"Are you joking? Come back it's too cold, baba," he could hear her whining into his pillow but it just made him stay put in his place wearing a shit - eating grin.

"But the sky, baba! It's very blue outside, you know, and someone I know was a really big fan of dark blue skies but now they won't even wake up to see them, should've known they were a fake fan since the very begi-"

"How dare you say that." He grins wider before turning to see her sitting upright on the bed, his blanket bunched around her and her hair sticking up every which way, and she probably meant to look mean and intimidating but her eyes were still puffy from sleeping and her cheeks were still flushed, and she was still wearing her Winnie the Pooh sleep shirt so really she just looked like a baby trying to scare him.