1. Prologue

Luke

"I'm sorry, you're just not what we're looking for right now," I heard for the umpteenth time.

No one will hire me as their art teacher and I'm starting to get sick of all their excuses. I have heard the same thing over and over again, each one adding an excuse that usually sounds like:

"You're too young."

"We don't really need an art teacher."

"We don't need someone to teach kids how to draw a line."

That last one hurt.

Art isn't just putting lines and colors on a piece of paper. Art is passion, its creativity and being able to take your ideas and put them into a piece thag makes the viewer understand who you are.

Try explaining that to a principal without using the words ball, track, field or sports and you'll never get noticed or even considered.

I got in my car and drove home having enough of rejection this week. On the drive home a smile crept on ny face at the thought of seeing my fiancee, he always knows how to put me in a good mood.

I've been out for as long as I can remember and let's say that most people aren't too pleased with that. I live in a pretty open minded city but sometimes the people who make the most noise are the ones who have the most hate.

No one seems to want a gay man at their school.

I busted my ass to graduatr college early, with high honors nonetheless, to get a good job but clearly that didn't pay off. I'm good at art and teaching, I'm confident in that and in myself I just wish I was given a chance to show people that.

I finally arrived home and parked my car in the driveway.

I opened my door and walked in putting my coat and keys away before I plopped down on the sofa.

"Hey babe how was the interview?" Michael asked as he came up behind me giving me a kiss on the lips, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Another bust, literally no one wants to hire me "I said annoyingly and exasperated.

"Sorry Lukey, but you can't give up, something will come up eventually," he said sitting beside me.

"Yeah I know but I'm just gonna take a break for a few days, try to focus my mind on other things."

"I think that would be a good idea and I think I have a few things in mind that can distract you," Michael said as he got closer to me on the couch placing his hand on my thigh.

"Oh yeah, like what?" I asked leaning into him.

"Like this delicious pot roast I made for dinner, it should be ready in a few minutes," he said with a smirk as he gave my lips a quick peck before hoping off the couch and into the kitchen.

That tease!

Sitting back on the couch I started thinking of eveything and the doubtless dead ends I've had since graduating.

How am I going to get a job?

What am I gonna do with my life?

---

Hello (-:

So this is my new fic and I really like it

Tell me what you think

Hope you like

Love you