16. Happy Birthday To Me

Calum

Today is my birthday and I'm kind of excited for it.

I'm turning 16 and that's always a good age isn't it? I don't know but Melanie is taking me out later and I'm super pumped.

I got up and got dressed in my cutest outfit possible and headed downstairs where I was greeted by my brother and mom.

'Happy Birthday honey.' My mom said missing me on the cheek.

'Happy bday squirt.' My brother said in his oh so loving way.

'Thanks.' I said.

'So are you excited you're finally turning 16?' My mom asked.

'I guess but it's nothing too special.' I said truthfully sitting down to eat my usual special birthday breakfast.

My mom always makes birthday breakfast and diner, it was kind of a tradition.

'So do you know what Melanie's doing for me today?' I asked.

'Yes and I'm not telling you it'll ruin the surprise.' She said sitting down.

'Fine.' I grunted.

It's days like these when I really miss being with him. I wish we were still together but our relationship was so detrimental to ourselves and our lives. I haven't told anyone about him not even Melanie only because I was afraid of judgement or worse, scolding.

If Melanie would've known then she would've done everything in her power to break us off for good and a part of me wished she would have but it's too late now it's all in the past.

There was a honk outside and I became even more excited.

'Well gotta run I'll see you tonight.' I said giving my mom one last kiss and hug before I walked out my house.

'Get in loser we're going shopping?' Melanie said as she rolled down her old beaten up pick up truck that was handed down to her from her brother.

'This truck is absolutely hideous.' I said holing in.

'Don't I know it but it's better than nothing.' She said blasting the music.

'So what we doing?' I asked curiously.

'Well we're going to the mall first.' She said.

'Oh we're actually going shopping okay.' I shrugged.

'Yeah cause you're in desperate need of a new look especially if you wanna win over Luke.' She said with her evil smirk.

'I have a great look! And norhing is ever going to happen between Luke and I so get over it.' I defended.

'Whatever you say Cal.' She said looking forward.

We finally arrived at the mall and walked in and the fusion of all the different food courts always made me happy and shopping is always a great way to spend a day.

Melanie dragged me through every store and we tried on different clothes, some for fun and others cause we actually wanted them.

We are currently sitting at a table infront of pizza hut in the mall with bags all around us.

'God we got so much stuff.' I breathed out.

'We really did but yet I could use more.' She joked.

'Same but this should be enough for now.' I said.

'Yeah but anyway so what we gonna do about you and Luke?' She asked excitedly.

'Absolutely nothing.' I said.

'Comeon Calum, you've never had a boyfriend or anything and okay maybe he's order than you but still there's something there between between two of you and you can't just ignore it.' She said raising her voice.

'Yes but I'm only 16 and he's in his early 20s there's nothing we'd ever have in common.' I said truthfully.
'Yes there is.'

'And what is that?' I asked unconvinced.

'Love.' She simply said and I didn't know what else to say so I didn't say anything and leaned back in my chair.

She had a smug look on her face and I just looked around the mall avoiding her gaze and that's when I spotted a tall guy with curly hair.

The one person who I never wanted to see again.

'Are you okay you look pale?' Melanie asked.

'Um yeah yeah I'm fine I just want to leave.' I stuttered nervously.

'But we haven't gotten food yet.' She stated.

'I'm not that hungry I just wanna leave you ready let's go.' I said getting up and grabbing my bags.

'Um okay I guess but just relax for a minute.' She said finally getting up to grab her bags.

I rushed out of the area in hopes he didn't see me, I prayed he didn't see me but it didn't seem praying was in my favor.

'Calum is that you?.' He asked.

I slowly turned around and faced him.

'Yeah hey.' I said trying to calm down.

'Well don't just stand there give me a hug.' He said opening his arms.

'Sorry I can't right now I have to go.' I said turning around.

'Wait who's your friend.' He asked as he pointed to Melanie.

'Melanie this is Harry, Harry this is Melanie. Okay now I really got to go come on Melanie.' I said grabbing her wrist.

'It was nice seeing you again Calum goodbye.' He said with a smirk.

'Who was that?' She asked.

'No one.' I lied.

We got back to her car and got in and drove off.

'Calum who was that?' She asked again.

'No one I said.'

'You can not tell me that was no one Cal cause you look petrified when he came up to us.' She said and I just didn't answer.

'Calum come on you know you can tell me anything.' She said soothingly.

'I can't Melanie, really I can't I just don't want to talk about it.' I said.

'Okay that's fine but just know that I'm here.' She said grabbing a hold of my hand.

'Thanks.' I simply said.

'Do you still want me to sleepover?' She asked.

'Yeah I do.' I said as she parked infront of my house.
We got out and grabbed all odour things and walked through the door.

'Surprise!'

I looked around and saw all my family and friends there happy as ever and my mom with a cake and candles with a huge smile.

'Hey everyone.' I faked a smile.

After a few hours of saying hi to family, opening gifts eating and faking happiness I was finally laying down on my bed in the dark with Melanie next to me.

I kept thinking about Harry.

I always imagined seeing him again and how happy I'd be and how we'd get back together but seeing him just brought back all the feelings I had when we were still, all the scary and unwanted feelings.

And I cried.

Although she didn't know why or what happened Melanie wrapped her arms around me as I cried myslef to sleep.

-Hi

So what do you think happened between Harry and Calum??

I can tell you it wasn't good

Love you