𝗝𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗦𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀- 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗬𝗼𝘂... (𝗣𝘁.2)

Long AF, again. Sorry not Sorry 😂😂.
—————————————————————————
Well, this is it. We're all dead. I turn and bury my face into the crook of Jakes neck. I expected a metal hand to appear on my shoulder and the excruciating pain which would follow.

But instead, I hear a loud noise, almost like lightning. I glance towards the Cybermen and see that they being evaporated by that power cell the Doctor found.

"What the hell was that?" Ricky spoke.

The Doctor ignored Ricky and said "We'll have that instead. Run!"

A big blue van then came out of the darkness behind us. A woman then shouts through the open window. "Everybody, in!"

Jake grabs my hand and drags me into the front of the van with him and Ricky. There wasn't enough seats so I sat in his lap. Which I wasn't about to complain about, I watch as the Doctor and Rose have a mini conversation before hopping into the van.

Probably about Jackie. I think to myself.

"Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" The woman driving shouted exasperated. I held back a smile at her words I didn't want these people to think were arrogant pricks.

It's at that moment, since the others in the back are talking, that the situation hits me properly, My fiancés not dead- well, not in this universe anyway.
Then another thing occurs to me, he knew who I was- we must be together here, if not together friends atleast. He seems as shocked to see me as I am to see him, so.... where am I? What happened?

Before I could question him Jake speaks up, talking to Pete, Mickey, The Doctor and Rose in the back. "Yeah, we've got weapons. Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him." He aimed at Pete, of course this being Roses father she grows defensive.

"Leave him alone. What's he done wrong?"

Jake rolls his eyes, and sarcastically says "Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left Lumic in charge."

Despite the seriousness of the situation I have to smile, it's one of the many things I loved about Jake, his sarcasm. This version doesn't seem far fetched from my Jake, and that's making it more and more difficult in my mind, knowing I can't stay- knowing I'll have to say goodbye.

Yet again, I must have zoned out of the world for a moment, because I hear Jake call my name bringing me back to reality. "Y/N?...Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?" He said softly, the heavy Geordie accent Jake has lacing the words.

I nod, not wanting to form words, suddenly also becoming nervous, because I don't exactly want to explain my situation- so out of anxious habit, I begin twisting the ring on my finger.

Jake's eyes widen when he notices the ring sitting on my finger- recognition fixes itself in his eyes, he grabs my left hand and intently studied the ring, running his finger over the diamond- sorrow and pain then flashes across his face.

So, like I did whenever he was upset or angry, I take the hand from his and place it on the side of his face and run my thumb over his jawbone, we stare into eachothers eyes both wanting questions answering.

"How are you here? You-" Jake began but didn't finish, he took a deep breath. "Your dead...You died Y/N....."

I was confused at first at the words that came from his mouth, but then it hit me.

It was me who died instead.

Jake closes his eyes trying to prevent tears from falling, in a strained voice he whispers "How are you here?"