𝗕𝗲𝗻 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿- 𝗡𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹

NOTE: Written back in 2020, been sat in my drafts for 3 years, might as well just publish it.

————

2003

I'd just finished work and was planning on going straight to bed..... the word planning there being key. I'd received a text from Ben saying to come to the Grove to pick him up once he'd finished talking with Akili, and because I love him I agreed.

As I drove up to the grove and came to a halt- I saw Regina and Leanne approach me. I open my car door and smile to the girls. "Alright?"

Both girls nod before Leanne began to speak "Ben asked us to keep an eye out for ya. Go in- he's just had to help Eve out with a plan to get new members."

"Okay, thank you" I say while getting out the car and locking it and walking through the door inside the youth centre looking around for my boyfriend.

Adam and Luke smile to me as I pass them before quickly I turn and call out "Boys! Do you know where Ben is?"

They nod and both say "In the Media room"

"Ah, thanks !" I shout to them while walking away from them.

A few seconds later I got the the room and opened the door. Instantly, both Eve and Ben's heads shot up in my direction at the sound of the door.

A grin breaks out onto my boyfriend's face before he stands up and walks over, wrapping me in a hug. "Sorry to drag ya here, I know you probably want to go straight home but Akili wanted me to draw up a plan to promote the grove, couldn't exactly say no."

"It's fine, really." I assure while placing a kiss onto his lips. "What you got so far then?" I ask.

"Well, Dad wanted to do another promotional video, but the one we did last year didn't exactly press the right buttons. So, I was thinking flyers or an open day." Eve replies while lying back on the sofa head looking up to the ceiling. "We were just running through how an open day would work, and who'd we'd choose to do the posters"

My hand goes to Bens as I pull him over to the seats where he was sat minutes ago. "Well, I could do the posters if it would help?"

Eves face lights up, before faulting slightly. "Are you sure it won't be too much, with your job and everything?"

I shake my head. "If it helps then I'll do it."

"Great, thanks Y/N"

Ben then adds. "Got any ideas about this open day?"

"No, you two get anything?"

"Nope. Whatever we come up with has to be checked out with Akili, so we need a backup plan on how to do it- just in case." The blonde man informs.

"Well- then we've got a job to do." This might take a while, but if it helps the Grove out it's worth it.
————————————
We sat for about 1 hour and 30 minutes before Akili came in and told us it was time to go home. He thanked the three of us for our time and agreed to the open day idea requesting that we come to him tomorrow so we can plan it properly- so today had been a more productive day than usual.

Upon the journey and arriving home Ben complained about being incredibly hungry and I wasn't going to lie- I was too.

I was slightly annoyed I had to cook though, seems as I just want to be swallowed up by a duvet, but nobody else will do it.
Don't get me wrong Ben can cook- he just usually procrastinates to fuck before he does it so we end up having a meal from the microwave.