𝗥𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱- 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗽𝗶𝗱

Not 100% accurate to real life.

Disclaimer: Drug Abuse, overdose.
—————————————————————————
2002

Arguing again... about drugs.. ha, it's amazing how an addiction ruins a relationship, which was also a life long friendship.

"It's not your life Y/N! It's mine! I don't need you to baby me, your not my fucking mother!" Russell shouts.

And, there, that's where I'm done. Done with his shit. I've put up with it for years, I can't do it anymore.

"Yeah, I'm not your mother. I'm your girlfriend if you've forgotten and I love you! It may be your life Russ, but it's ruining mine!"

He shook his head. "I'm not going to do this anymore." He whispers.

"You?!?" I exclaimed. "I can't watch you almost kill yourself! I can't watch you take a drug which turns you into someone your not, watch you become a monster. It ruins you.. just all I'm saying is get help. Please, Russ.." my voice growing quieter with every word. I approach him carefully, and go to touch him. But he hits my hand away.

"It's not that simple, Y/N. I-"

"Do you want to stop?" I question.

Russell looks at me and raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything.

"Do..you..want..to...stop?" I say slowly. His gaze fell to the floor and tears filled my eyes from his silence. I scoff. "Well- thank you for your honesty"

I run upstairs and grab a bag and start throwing clothes and shoes into a bag. After a few seconds I hear footsteps banging on the staircase then a voice from the bedroom door. "W-what are you doing?" Russell's broken voice asked.

"Leaving." I stated plainly.

"Please-" he began.

"NO!" I scream and his eyes widen at my volume. I'd never screamed, shouted, yes many times but never screamed. "YOU ARE A SELFISH, IGNORANT BASTARD! YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE WHAT THE DRUGS DO TO YOU! THEY MAKE YOU COLD AND AGGRESSIVE THAT ISN'T YOU, BUT IT BECOMES YOU!" Tears now streaming down my face.

"IM DONE WITH YOU! I CANT WATCH YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF I LOVE YOU!" I look to the floor and hold back a sob and whisper. "But you don't love me, or if you do -you love heroin more."
I zip up the bag and push past him not looking him in the eye.

As I run down the stairs I hear a sob from upstairs then footsteps following me. "Y/N, don't please. I need you-"

I sigh in annoyance and grab my car keys from the side. "Then tell me you will get help!"

Again, I got no reply. "Your words mean nothing, Russ, I'm sorry."

Before I changed my mind I opened the front door and ran out got into my car and drive away.

——————————-

A day went by. And guilt was consuming me like a plague.

He deserved it. He deserved it. I keep repeating in my head, convincing myself what I did was right.
I had almost done it too, until my phone rang.

I hesitated, but reached for it after a second and without looking who was calling I answered.

"Hello?"

"Y/N?" A worried Noel Fielding asked, Noel was a family friend, so naturally when I met Russell they became friends. (I don't think they'd met at this point, hence why it's not 100% accurate to real life.)