𝗡𝗼𝗲𝗹 𝗙𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴- 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸

2013
I was sitting minding my own business, when a series of loud, frantic knocks were heard on my front door. I glance at the clock, 23:47. Who the fuck?

I carefully make my way over to the door and carefully open it.

I was shocked to see Noel standing there with red puffy eyes and tears streaming down his face.

"Noel? What happened hun?" I say while stepping out of my apartment door to give him a well needed hug. The man gripped onto me for dear life, it broke my heart.

Noel tried to reply, but no words came out. Instead, a couple of Loud sobs could be heard. "Shhh, it's okay. It's okay..." I tried to sooth him, but he just kept crying.

We stayed like this for a couple of minutes, until I suggested. "Let's sit down okay? Come on."

I gently guide Noel into my living room and onto the sofa, Noel nuzzles into my neck, his hot tears falling onto my chest, and I begin to run circles into his back for comfort. I become hesitant to ask what had happened to cause such a state, in the end I didn't have to.

"She l-left me" he sniffles.

"Lliana?"

I felt Noel nod slightly. "Oh sweetheart. Did she say why?"

Noel's breathing became more laboured, and frantic. "I- It started w-when I asked her to move in with me. S-She thought I was j-joking, but when I-I told her I wasn't she-... she-" He paused, to regain a little bit of composure. "...she said that s-she thought we were never serious, and t-that if I'm taking the ... the...relationship seriously she should l-leave, because she wouldn't want to be with me for the rest of her l-life." The last sentence is what did it, Noel tears began falling again. I managed to pull him even closer to me and I began to whisper in his ear.

How can she have done this? I mean, leaving him I can just about manage, but saying that? No. You don't do that.
Noel did love her, well as far as I knew anyway. I quite liked her, but now, maybe not.

"Shh... it's going to all be okay. I promise, you are going to be fine. Shh..." I take my hand a run it through his hair, which calms him down considerably.

"Noel?" I start carefully.

"Uhuh"

"Your staying here. Let's go to bed, we can talk in the morning." I lift Noel's head and see his heartbroken face. "Come on.." I stare softly and begin to move from the sofa.

The man didn't complain, nor say a word. He just trailed behind me, I entered my bedroom and got changed and brushed my teeth, soon after Noel entered my bedroom, in his pyjamas. He always leaves a pair at my house, as a just in case.

I look at his disheveled appearance. "You okay?"

Noel shakes his head. "Can I... erm.. stay with you? I couldn't sleep on my own tonight."

I nod and let him get in next to me, he drapes his arm over me, and fits his body right beside mine.
"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"What's wrong with me?" Noel questions.

My face goes from confused to sympathetic. "Nothing. Nothings wrong with you." My hand returning to his hair.

He sighs. "But, everyone leaves me." Then he begins to say "Your not going to leave are you?"

I freeze, Shocked that he's ever think such a thing. "Noel, you listen to me. I'm never going anywhere, why would you think that? You've been my best friend for years."