chap 23: oh sweetie

Start from the beginning

 Her mother's expression drops completely. She masks it with a smile seconds later, but she can see the fury in her mothers eyes. Her father, for some reason, is grinning. He is smiling as wide as he was minutes ago, unfazed by her actions. She knows her father. He refuses to play her childish games or even be fazed by them. Her mother, however, is a completely different story.

Her mother is terrible at niceties with people she considers lower. One of her biggest problems, really. "Nice to meet you" Her mother coldly offers, her pink lips forming a frown. She is terrible at hiding her emotions. Her mother is very much an elitist, even if she grew up in poverty. A fucking joke if you ask her. Alexis doesn't treat anyone different because of how money she has. Not on purpose, at least.

Dave nods, clearly sensing the hostility. She peers up at him, but his expression has not changed. His smile is as wide as it was when the entered the room. She respects him for being able to put up a mask and put up with her mother. Her mother has always looked down on those financially lower then her, and Alexandria hates it. Humans are humans, regardless of the class they come from or how much money they may have. Money doesn't define you.

 Alexandria does feel the need to remind others they are beneath her at her own school, but not in general society. No, she is better then that. It's not her money that makes her better- all of them have money beyond imagination. It's her prowess and her intelligence. It hits her that she hates spending time around these people. Her parents. These people who think they are the top of the world just because they have built a fortune. They are nothing without it, just shells of the people they once were. Money makes the world run, run the fuck around, around and around.

Her father is shaking hands with Dave when she focuses on the present situation again, and he is warmly smiling. Her father grins, "Nice to meet you. Are you and my daughter dating?" He asks, keeping the wan smile on his face. Alexandria wants to slam her head into a wall. As if this could not get more embarrassing. She's reaching her limits. Her tolerance. Her patience. End of the fucking string.

She had forced Dave here with one promise, and it was a promise she intended to keep. Lena had been beyond please about hurting her, and now, she will not hold back. Her fury has reached its breaking point, and she will wreck havoc on everyone who hurt her. She does not have the time to small talk with her parents.

"No" Dave replies, and his one-word reply is surprisingly cold. She takes it that he understands that her parents will always see Dave as less then them. Never an equal. And when you are not treated like an equal, you have no reason to grant the other party any sort of respect. She wouldn't either. She'd be yelling at this point. Alexis doesn't have the temperament Dave does.

Her mother flattens her lips, "Okay, please introduce yourself to everyone," Her mother says now, the frown still on her lips. Her mother, with her similar green eyes and striking blonde hair, is an older version of Alexandria. Her eyes are piercing now, as she stares at her daughter. She tugs Alexis aside for a second, leaning closer to her, "And don't you dare mention he's a bartender" 

Alexis slips out of her grasp, "I'm fucking ashamed to be your daughter," She coolly responds, watching the hurt flash, her eyes bitterly tearing into her mother's face. Her father holds up a hand and everyone goes silent.

  Her father double takes her, nodding slightly "And do not forget to talk to Ares," her father chimes, "He said that he had something to talk about with you. Something related to the party before, I think. He said you guys got along well. Good to know" Her mother opens her mouth to say something but her father lays an arm on hers, silently staring at her. Alexandria nods. Ares had been nothing but conceited when she had last met him, but she cannot afford to get on his nerves. He knows everything about her. He knows who she is, and what kind of person she is.