Episode Seven, Part 7:

Episode Seven, Part Seven:
Your Heart Has a Secret

"Quill?" Ares searched, trying to recognise his brother from a few hundred feet away. He began to step forward, walking in his direction, but the boy yelled out to him. At the same time, Targo drew the weapons against him, ready to shoot on Rhea's command. 

"Don't, Ares!" Quill yelled, one hand out to stop his brother from moving closer - a knife securely in his grip. His hand was wrapped around someone's neck, keeping them pulled tight against him. 

"Quill, what are you doing!?" Ares spat, desperately ignoring his response and once again trying to move closer. 

"I said 'don't!'" His brother repeated, this time, raising the knife up to the person's throat. 

"He has my hostage," Rhea remarked bitterly, looking over to the Sovereigns to see if this was part of their plan. Judging by the looks of unease on their face, she didn't think it was. 

"What are you doing?" She asked Quill, glaring him down sharply. 

Quill gulped, realising that it was about time to offer an explanation. 

"You came here for a negotiation, right?" His voice was unsteady, wavering in self-doubt, wondering if he had just walked right into his death. 

"What are you saying?" Rhea asked. 

"Quill, don't do this. Please," Ares begged, frantic to break through to his brother's reasoning. "Let her go. Come over here. We can figure this out-" 

"Shut up!" Quill broke. "Just shut up for a minute, okay?" 

Ares swallowed back in his fear, nodding once and sealing his lips, waiting to hear what his brother had to say. 

Quill exhaled, relieved that he didn't have the pressure of Ares anymore and could finally explain. He adjusted the grip on his knife, not really knowing what he was doing or if anyone was even beliving his attempts to get them to listen. 

His eyes scanned around realising just how many people were standing against him. What made it worse was that he knew if he made one wrong move, there would be at least a hundred bullets shot at him in a matter seconds. 

"Hey!" Rhea interrupted his thoughts. "Speak. What are you doing with my prisoner?" 

This was it. He knew he had to speak. He knew he had to reveal the truth about what the Sovereigns were doing. 

"Basilisk aren't going to make you a deal... They... They never were." 

"Quill-" Sol snapped, trying to refrain herself from lunging over at him. 

"No! I- I'm sorry," he panicked. "This is all a lie." 

"Quill, if you ever want to come back inside Basilisk, you'll shut up now," Sol warned him, holding tight onto her gun at her side as if she was prepared to take care of the problem herself. But she would never be able to... He was Wynn's brother and she couldn't do that to him. 

"You might want to hurry up and get to answering my question or else one of my people might not have the patience to not shoot," Rhea rolled her eyes, still waiting for her answer. 

"I know. You're right," Quill mumbled. "I'll tell you." 

At his words, Sol whisked her gun out and ran the remaining distance from where she stood to where Quill was. As he emphasised his grip on the hostage, reminding her that he was a threat to their plans, Sol aimed her gun at his head, not daring to look away from him or falter her hold on the weapon. 

Despite his apparent betrayal, Ares still raced over to the two of them, refusing to let anyone harm his brother, no matter what. 

Quill closed his eyes, forcing the words out of him. "I found her at the labs. I- I brought her with me because she's the only one who can you." 

"Tell me what?" Rhea asked, intrigued. She hadn't expected Basilisk to turn on themselves, but it was making everything a lot easier for her. 

Sol cocked her gun, the noise raising the stakes for everyone them. Without knowing what else to do, Ares caught sight of the dagger strapped to Sol's waistband and pulled it into his hands. He raised it up, holding the blade against the Sovereign's neck so she knew she had an ultimatum. 

"Let my brother go," he demanded. 

"Ares, don't you see what he's about to do? He'll ruin everything. Targo will-" She spoke through gritted teeth, but Rhea, Kane, and the other Sovereigns could still hear. 

"I don't care!" Ares yelled. "Step away from him!" 

Sol hesitated, her hand shakily slightly. With an enraged sigh, she dropped her weapon down, taking a step away from both boys. Once he knew the gun was no longer pointed at his brother, Ares also retreated his weapon, but he kept a close eye on Sol, ready to resume his position if she threatened him again. 

Once the two had inched away from Quill, the hostage began to struggle in his arms, growing more and more uncertain with every minute that passed by. She hopelessly tried to wiggle herself free, knowing that not only would Quill not let go of her, but Rhea wouldn't do much to save her, either. 

"For goodness sake, if you wanna live you should probably tell me what's going on," Rhea rolled her eyes again, frustrated with the girl in Quill's arm. She wouldn't admit it, but she was actually afraid that Quill would harm the girl for no other reason than Targo needing her to get Elara through The Alteration. 

Rhea sighed, then narrowed her eyes as she looked at the hostage - at Chessca - going against all her judgement to try and bargain for her life. 

"Don't say anything until he lets you go," Rhea instructed. "Whatever it is, he wants us to hear it. He won't hurt you." 

Chessca nodded, feeling the blade of Quill's knife millimetres away from her skin. As Rhea's eyes focused on Quill, the two of them stared each other down, waiting to see who would cave. 

Quill knew what he had to. His gaze flickered between her and his brother, forcing the secret out of him as he shoved Chessca over at Rhea. 

"Tell her where Elara is..." 

Seven // Part Seven
End of Book 4.

12/04/2020 5:09PM

Ahhh, book 4 is completed! For a while, I really thought this book was going to have like 15 episodes or something crazy, but I managed to end it on Seven // Part Seven like the first 3 books! Season 5 is all planned out and it honestly going to be the most gut-wrenching season so far. Everything will change for every single one of these characters, and I can't wait for you to see what challenges and losses they have to overcome.

Heck, the first chapter might even be out later tonight! I'm so excited to start writing it! I started this book on February 24th and set myself a goal to finish it before May 4th (so it would be completed in a time frame quicker than the previous book), and I'm so proud to have achieved that before it's due date! The only downside is that it means I'll set myself an unreasonable timeframe to finish book 5 in, but oh well. This global lockdown is giving me all the time to write!

Also, happy Easter! He is risen! I hope you all find time to reflect on the sacrifices made for you so you could live and have the opportunity to know your Creator! God is so good and loving!

Thank you for continuing on this journey with me.
I hope you'll love season 5 of The Boy from the Bunker.