Episode One, Part 6:

Episode One, Part Six:
R e a l   o r   N o t   R e a l

It was as if the past mistakes of every other vision had followed her to this one, and she couldn't escape all the things she had done. 

Elara looked down, asking herself where she was this time. Her hands were dry, but the blood was there again, soaked into her skin like a red wine stain, and it only seemed to grow the more she tried to scratch it away. 

"Elara." A voice called her name sounding right behind her. 

The young girl spun around, suddenly seeming to observe her surroundings, and it was just a black void. 

There was no one there. 

"Elara?" The voice said again as if confused about what she was doing facing the other day. It was then that she felt it: the hot breath on the back of her neck. She twisted for the second time, almost jumping when she came face to face with Rhea. 

As recognition came, so did the fear, and Elara began to step back as if preparing to run in the opposite direction, but she crashed into someone. 

"It's fine. I'm here." Kane spoke, taking hold of both of her shoulders. 

"What's happening?" Elara mumbled, trying to look up at her dad. 

Rhea grabbed onto her wrist, pulling it forward, closer to her. As Elara looked to see what the girl was doing to her, it was already too late. A needle full of the serum was being injected into her veins and every struggle against her hold was causing agony. 

"How are you here? What are you doing?" 

"We never completed Phase 4." Rhea replied. 

"Be careful," Kane warned. "Some of that is still in her." 

"Relax." The older girl groaned, removing the needle. "I know what I'm doing." 

She bent down a little, demanding eye contact from Elara, taking her hands inside of hers. 

"Your choices are what make you who you are." She began. "Chose to survive, even at the cost of some of our people, because you are the Commander. Be strong, be ruthless, and never show them mercy." 

"What?" Elara mumbled, but her voice was lost, and suddenly she was falling down further into the darkness - watching as Kane and Rhea's gaze followed her until they were too far away to see. 

Midair, in total darkness, Elara attempted to turn herself around. There was something flickering beneath her: a light revealing a concrete floor - and the closer she fell to it, she quicker she realized what was happening. 

Instinct told her to fight it; surely there was something she could grab onto to stop her from falling, or maybe she could just imagine there was, but as hard as she tried, she couldn't stop the impending impact from approaching. 

With nothing else to do, Elara closed her eyes, crossing her arms in front of her head to shield herself, waiting to collide any moment now... 

The landing was unexpected, and something wet splashed against her face. Not sure if she would be able to, the girl opened her eyes, realizing that she was lying on a bed of mud - rain being the only thing to crash down on her. 

It was dark outside, but loud with a thousand voices, and just enough light for her to see the blood all around her. 

There was a roar of voices, and she rolled onto her back - just in time to see someone jump at her with a grand, blood-soaked sword. Something forced her arms up, and she realized she was holding her own sword, raising it forward to block the attack.