Episode Six, Part 3:

W i t h o u t   F e a r

If you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones. 
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs. 

"MaReya!" Wynn screamed, chucking himself down to the ground where he could see his friend. At the mention of her name, Bas looked in Wynn's direction, the horror hitting him when he could see what he had found. 

As Wynn heaved to shift the rocks off his friend, Bas did the same for a while, but when he glanced back at MaReya, seeing the eyes were still shut like they were when they found her, his pace slowed down.

"Come on, Bas!" Wynn urged. "We have to get her out!" 

Bas sighed heavily, setting down the rock he had in his hands, knowing it would be the last one. He moved from the mountain of rubble to kneel down beside her. 

"Rey," he murmured softly, no expectations. He didn't try again when there was silence, the truth resolving inside him. As brushed the dust off of her face, being delicate with every touch, Wynn looked back to see why he had stopped. 

"Bas! Get up! Help me get this off of her," 

The boy just shook his head, dropping his gaze down as tears began to spill out of him. 

Wynn couldn't bring himself to yell again, seeing him like that. He hesitated but moved away from the rubble, kneeling down beside Bas.

"MaReya, wake up," he said - still in denial. 

"Wynn-" 

"No! We're losing anyone else from our family!" Wynn cried out, his tears spilling down onto their friend below. He follows his eyes down to her. 

"MaReya..." he whispered, barely able to hear himself. 

As he exhaled, and Bas placed his hand on Wynn's shoulder for support, another part of Wynn's heart broke, realizing that she was dead... 

Suddenly, not even giving him a second to grieve, Bas gasped as if the air had been ripped from his lungs. 

"What?" Wynn choked out, somewhat afraid. 

"Harlow might have been with her! I-I don't know where he is," Bas shot to his feet, regretfully leaving MaReya's side as he went to search. Wynn took a second, then followed behind, narrowing his eyes at every face he could see, hoping that young Harlow wouldn't be one of them. 

As he was walking along, not paying attention to where he was going, Wynn walked into Bas who had come to a standstill. Afraid that he had found his little brother, Wynn followed his gaze down, not finding Harlow, but someone else. 

A few metres away from his sister, Fabian was lying motionless on the floor with one of his arms crushed under a large section of the wall. 

No. Not another one. Not their family again. It couldn't be possible that they had to lose anyone else. 

Wynn fell to his knees, the lifeless face of his friend just another he would remember when he closed his eyes. He lifted up Fabian's head, resting it down in his lap as he sat with his legs stretched out, almost completely giving up. 

"I'm so sorry," he muttered, gripping tightly onto his friend. 

As there was still so much noise going on, Wynn didn't hear footsteps run up behind him until was reaching onto his shoulders, and it wasn't Bas.