Chapter 38 : Heartfelt

********

Stay at Home.. Be safe... stay safe...

Let help each other and be united to fight against the deathly virus...

*********

Chapter 38 : Heartfelt

" You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you

And

Then you meet one person & your life is changed forever.."

~ Anonymous...

XYZ Restaurant..

New Delhi..

Evening 6: 30 p.m.

"Wait Mr Raizada", Khushi called after him.

" What?" Arnav turn to look at Khushi.

" We will share..." Khushi said.

" Share, what?" Arnav asked looking at her with his intimated eyes.

" Whatever, we are ordering.. I mean, I want to contribute my share." Khushi said breaking the eye lock.

" I thought you want to share your life ahead with ME..." The moment Arnav spoke those words, Khushi felt her heart stop for a moment.

The sincerity in his eyes, the softness of his whole demeanour, and the determination in his voice stir something inside Khushi's heart, once again..

The familiar feelings of acidity..

Dahk..dakh....dakhh...dakhhhh....

They looked at each other forgetting about their surrounding until Arnav bends his head and whispered in her ear, "Remember one thing Ms Gupta, I will never allow my woman to pay.. and besides whatever is Mine, is HER'S as well" Arnav said just before leaving to stand at the counter leaving a frozen Khushi in her place....

***********

Khushi shook her head, placing the wallet inside her bag again. She found herself staring at Arnav for the first time. Without being disturbed or taking small glances and peeks. He was only standing a few feet away from her.

Arnav is dressed is his three piece suit. His dark black blazer was neatly placed on the chair beside her. He wore a white shirt which fitted him well on his well build body. And a black waist coat is perfectly fitted on his body. Khushi realised that he had been working out since she last saw him years ago. Gone was the impulsive boy, here in front of her standing a mature man..

The top button of his shirt were undone, giving a peek at his well smoothed chest. Khushi would be lying if her eyes hadn't ever wondered there at occasional times. Her eyes went to his facial expression he wore. A small smile escaped his lips once meeting up with the worker. Khushi noticed the firm cheekbones and the light stubble he was sporting lately.

Dare she say what she was thinking?

Dare she say that she found him handsome, more mature in an away, if that was even possible?