Chapter 21 (Edited)

Chloe's POV
***********************************************************
"Hey guys, I'm here too."

They stop glaring at each other and look at me like they had forgotten I was still there.

"Hey beautiful, ready for the date?", Steve asked me, ignoring Ryan. However before I could answer Ryan beat me to it.

"No, she's not. She's with me", Ryan growled at Steve.

"No, I agreed with to go on a date with him and I will go. I don't need your permission to do anything", I tell Ryan monotonously.

"Wow, so now you and my cousin have something going on", Ryan says with fake disbelief.

"Cousin?", I ask confused.

"Yeah, Ryan is my cousin", Steve mutters.

"YOU ARE RYAN'S COUSIN?", I am practically shouting at this moment.

"Yup", Steve replies.

"Does that mean that you are a werewolf too?"

"Yeah. Wait! You know about werewolves?"

"Yup."

"No doubt it is Ryan who told you that. Wait... if Ryan told you this then it means..."

"I'm his mate."

"You're the Luna!", he exclaimes.

"What's a Luna now?", I ask.
.
.
.
After Steve finishes explaining everything about mates, werewolves, the Alpha, Luna and pack; I began to feel like a werewolf myself. He also tells me that Ryan's probably got the biggest pack in America.

"Then why did he break up with me if he knows how important it is for the both of us?", I ask.

"I think that is something you must ask Ryan himself", Steve answers.

"So, I think here's where our date ends?", Steve asks when I remain quiet for a while.

"Yeah I guess, thanks for giving me all the information about werewolves and patiently answering all my questions. And I still have to talk with your brother."

"Yep, if he rejects you again. Know that I'm here", he tells opening his arms.

"Yes, but you will have mate too", I remind him and give him a brief hug.

"I hope that it's someone like you."

"You will have a mate who is good for you, Steve, not someone who's like me", I remind him and bid him.

After reaching home, I change into my comfortable clothes. I call Ryan. After a few tries, he still doesn't pick it up. I call him again. At last he picks the call up but it sounds as if he is drunk. I ask him if everything is alright. But he doesn't reply.

"Ryan, just tell me where  you are", I say. He slurs while telling me the address but I finally get it. I change and leave to get him.
.
.
.
.
After a while I reach the club and search for Ryan. I spot him sitting at the end of the bar and he is barely conscious. I go up to him but he just stares at me blankly.

"Hey Ryan, it's me Chloe. Come on, let's get you home", saying this I pull him up.

"No, why did you come baaaack? Don't you have a dateeeee?", he slurs and slumps down.

"No I don't, now come on. Get up!", I shout and start tugging him.

"No, whyyy? You don't liiiiike me. You like Steveeee. You hate meeee-", he must have drunk too much to talk like this but I cut him off.

"No, I don't hate you. Ryan I really, really love you. Now will you please come?", I ask him and try to steer him towards the exit.

"Okay, but only on one condition, you must never ever leave me and go after someone else. Do you promise?"

"I Promise. Can you please come with me now?"

 I carry him and place him in his car and drive towards his house. I knock on the door but no one answers the door. I knock again and a middle-aged man opens the door. He shockingly resembles Ryan.

He must be his dad.

"Umm... I found Ryan really drunk in the club, he must have had really too much because he is practically unconscious", I tell him.

"Okay but how do you know my son?"

When I tell him that I'm Ryan's mate and he looks at, more like scans,me.

"Do you know how to make the hangover go?", he asks me.

 It is a weird question but I remember my mom making some kind of juice for my dad when he used to have a hangover. So I tell him all ingredients that I need.

"What do your parents do?", he asks.

I don't know why but something in me tells me that I can trust him. I tell him all about my parents, their divorce, the reason for it and every thing. How I used to wait for my dad to come home and love us but he was always behind prostitutes, how sad it was for me to see my mother being broken by my dad, how terrible it was to see everyone giving me pitiful looks while I only wanted to avoid them and start a new life again. I tell him every thing. I just hoped that he won't pity me, but to my surprise, he doesn't.

Instead he hugs me and tells me,"Everyone wants a rose but they don't take the risk to pick it themselves. But I know you won't care about the thorns and just pull the rose and give it to others."  Tears pricked my eyes hearing the sincerity in his voice but I controlled them.

"Don't control your tears dear, people who have felt pain are the ones who know the value of love and will take care of it."

Whole night we talked about him and me and how he was forced to mate with a lady who was not his mate, but he did not want to break her heart so he mated with her but couldn't bring it in himself to love her. He advised that I should spend my life with those whom I love, not just like and respect. He tells me to sleep in one of the guest room while he puts Ryan in his bed. I thank him for letting me stay in his home.

 He just smiles and replies,"You're like my daughter, so you don't have to feel guilty. Feel free because you are just like me and I would have done anything to have you as my daughter."

That sentence was very special for me because even my own dad never looked at me with that love. He was guilty and ashamed but he never truly loved us. 
************************************************************